What are your favorite Movie/Show quotes?

THIS IS SPARTA! i think YOU SHALL NOT PASS! is a line i will probably never forget.

On April 21, 1967, the 100 millionth GM vehicle rolled off the line at the plant in Janesville -- a blue two-door Caprice.

There was a big ceremony, speeches. The lieutenant governor even showed up. Three days later, another car rolled off that same line. No one gave two craps about her. But they should have, because this 1967 Chevrolet Impala would turn out to be the most important car -- no, the most important object -- in pretty much the whole universe.

She was first owned by Sal Moriarty, an alcoholic with two ex-wives and three blocked arteries. On weekends, he'd drive around giving Bibles to the poor "gettin' folks right for Judgment Day." That's what he said. Sam and Dean don't know any of this, but if they did, I bet they'd smile.

After Sal died, she ended up at Rainbow Motors, a used-car lot in Lawrence, where a young marine bought her on impulse. That is, after a little advice from a friend. I guess that's where this story begins.

And here's where it ends.

The Impala, of course, has all the things other cars have... and a few things they don't. But none of that stuff's important. This is the stuff that's important. The army man that Sam crammed in the ashtray - it's still stuck there. The Legos that Dean shoved into the vents -- to this day, heat comes on and they can hear 'em rattle. These are the things that make the car theirs -- really theirs. Even when Dean rebuilt her from the ground up, he made sure all these little things stayed, 'cause it's the blemishes that make her beautiful. The Devil doesn't know or care what kind of car the boys drive.

In between jobs, Sam and Dean would sometimes get a day -- sometimes a week, if they were lucky. They'd pass the time lining their pockets. Sam used to insist on honest work, but now he hustles pool, like his brother. They could go anywhere and do anything. They drove 1,000 miles for an Ozzy show, two days for a Jayhawks game. And when it was clear, they'd park her in the middle of nowhere, sit on the hood, and watch the stars... for hours... without saying a word. It never occurred to them that, sure, maybe they never really had a roof and four walls...

...but they were never, in fact, homeless.

Endings are hard.

Any chapped-ass monkey with a keyboard can poop out a beginning, but endings are impossible. You try to tie up every loose end, but you never can. The fans are always gonna bitch. There's always gonna be holes. And since it's the ending, it's all supposed to add up to something. I'm telling you, they're a raging pain in the ass.

This is the last Dean and Bobby will see of each other for a very long time. And, for the record, at this point next week, Bobby will be hunting a rugaru outside of Dayton. But not Dean. Dean didn't want Cas to save him. Every part of him, every fiber he's got, wants to die, or find a way to bring Sam back. But he isn't gonna do either. Because he made a promise.

So, what's it all add up to? It's hard to say. But me, I'd say this was a test... for Sam and Dean. And I think they did all right. Up against good, evil, angels, devils, destiny, and God himself, they made their own choice. They chose family. And, well... isn't that kinda the whole point?

No doubt -- endings are hard. But then again... nothing ever really ends, does it?

Before you made bacon did you... Shake your bacon? - Robot: Robot and Monster

Why do my nostrils whisper to me?♪- Candace - Phineas and Ferb

It's not over until the fat lady sings. Oh! I didn't mean to put your mother into this - Wane - The Suite Life of Zack and Cody

She must have her mistaken for Lindsay Lohan - Chris (Narrator) - Everybody Hates Chris

That's not what they mean by old school - Chris - Everybody Hates Chris

What is this? The Jerry Springer Show? - The Mom - My Wife and Kids

I will knock you into last night! - Roshael - Everybody Hates Chris

but I wanted to knock the black off of Drew - Chris (Narrator) - Everybody Hates Chris

It's iced tea woman! If you like it, you drink it! If you ain't, DON'T! - Chris - Everybody Hates Chris

I got this! - George - George Lopez

Make it last! - Raven - That's so Raven

For some of the quotes, you will have to watch the episodes that have the quotes in them to get the jokes.

[quote author=Théoden, from Return of the King]Arise. Arise, Riders of Théoden. Spears shall be shaken, shields shall be splintered. A sore day... a red day... ere the sun rises."

“Ride now! Ride now! Ride! Ride to ruin, and the world's ending!”[/quote]
[quote author=Patton, from the movie Patton]You know what the poet said:

'Through the travail of ages,
Midst the pomp and toils of war,
Have I fought and strove and perished
Countless times upon a star.
As if through a glass, and darkly
The age-old strife I see—
Where I fought in many guises, many names—
but always me.'

Do you know who the poet was? Me.
[/quote]
I have more, but it will take a while to compile them.

"Move it, flapjack, or I'll shove my fist down your throat and break your ribs from the inside!" ~Dori Doreau, Sledge Hammer!

"Oh, gag me with a nightstick, Doreau. You know what marriage is? It's driving the wrong way down a one-way street and having a head-on collision with a dump truck called YOUR WIFE." ~Sledge Hammer, Sledge Hammer!

"It's not about what I want, it's about what's FAIR! - Two Face

"I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had ever happened.

So do all who come to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All you have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to you."
- Frodo Baggins and Gandalf the Grey

"I didn't think it would end this way.

End? No, the journey does not end here. Death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain-curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass. And then you see it.

What? Gandalf? See what?

White shores...and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise.

Well...that isn't so bad.

No. No it isn't.
- Peregrin Took and Gandalf the White

That last quote will be the last thing I will think of just before I die.

'Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard you're hit. It's about how hard you can get it and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done! Now if you know what you're worth then go out and get what you're worth. But ya gotta be willing to take the hits, and not pointing fingers saying you ain't where you wanna be because of him, or her, or anybody! Cowards do that and that ain't you! You're better than that! I'm always gonna love you no matter what. No matter what happens. You're my son and you're my blood. You're the best thing in my life. But until you start believing in yourself, ya ain't gonna have a life.' - Rocky Balboa, Rocky Balboa(2006)

Back