Minecraft for Wii U?

MikeyO11

Microgamer Extordinair
Should Minecraft be on the Wii U?

Note: I don't really play Minecraft, but it would be interesting to see.

The two control sticks and touch pad could give interesting controls, speaking from someone whos only played it on PC

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/03/minecraft_is_just_as_likely_to_appear_on_wii_u_as_any_other_platform

Never happening. Apparently, Mojang signed a contract with Microsoft when they made Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition that said the only console they can put Minecraft on is the Xbox 360. So it's undoubtedly unlikely that there will be a Minecraft: Wii U Edition or Minecraft: PlayStation 3 Edition.

Sonicyay2 said:
Never happening. Apparently, Mojang signed a contract with Microsoft when they made Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition that said the only console they can put Minecraft on is the Xbox 360. So it's undoubtedly unlikely that there will be a Minecraft: Wii U Edition or Minecraft: PlayStation 3 Edition.

that contract is ending soon actually

so it's likely

What do you mean "Ending soon"?

Bubble Man said:
Sonicyay2 said:
What do you mean "Ending soon"?
He means that the contract will expire in some time.

Contracts don't last forever.
That is why Tyson was only in the NES version of Punch-Out. It wasn't because of the ear-ripping thing, the contract just expired.

The more you know. (Do-do-do-do! ;D)

MikeyO11 said:
That is why Tyson was only in the NES version of Punch-Out. It wasn't because of the ear-ripping thing, the contract just expired.

The more you know. (Do-do-do-do! ;D)

and then they released the mr. dream edition after the contract expired

I hope they make this happen somtime. Nintendo has made a truely awesome system, it would be a waste not to have minecraft on the wii u. The wii u gamepad was almost made for minecraft and nintendo did'nt even know it. The touch screen can be used for crafting/inventory, the dual analog sticks provide comfortable ways to look up,down,left,right. The Zr and Zl buttons can be used for build/mine, the four face buttons can be used for jumping and/or hotkeys to assign the rest of the funtions you want.

the gamepad could make for some easy building and could have a touchscreen crafting system true to the original

It would work being on Wii U with switching items.

The fact that it is coming to PS3/4/Vita at all certainly opens up the possibility of Minecraft coming to the Wii U and/or 3DS, the touch screen controls could be similar to the pocket edition for menus and maybe placing and destroying blocks with precision but that's about all I can instantly think of, you could also switch items in and out between your active nine items and your inventory and chests without stopping the game and use the Wii Remote to actually punch tree trunks.

arent the console minecrafts kinda inferior to the pc versions though?

100% correct, in Mac, there is a servers and can talk by keyboard

Console are good for local multiplayer and that why I will be buying it for PS4 and Vita when it comes out

In Mac, I can use PS4 controller to play it and I use PS4 touch pad to use to enter menu with blocks and I'm using it to browse in internet, I'm using it right now

Princess Zae said:
arent the console minecrafts kinda inferior to the pc versions though?

i love the xbox version

i don't have to worry about lag with my sub-par computer

sadly, xbox edition is always a few updates behind pc version

Minecraft Wii U isn't happening, at least not now: http://wiiudaily.com/2013/12/minecraft-on-wii-u/

Yet another case of..."Rumor: Popular Sony/MS Multiplatform Game Might Come to Wii U"...A few days later..."Popular Sony/MS Multiplatform Game Not Coming to Wii U". It happened with Evil Within, GTA V (many times), Tomb Raider, and now Minecraft. This is why I never get my hopes up for these kind of things... -_-

Back