The Bible (History Channel Special)

Super Luigi World said:
That's kind of funny (for lack of better word), since there's a rumor President Barack Obama is the Anti-Christ

Yes, that's a rumor, much in the same way it was a rumor back in the '50s that there were aliens living on the moon.

Doctor Walter Bishop said:
I always thought all Christians took these stories literally.

Really? :/

Nice Cage said:
Super Luigi World said:
That's kind of funny (for lack of better word), since there's a rumor President Barack Obama is the Anti-Christ

Yes, that's a rumor, much in the same way it was a rumor back in the '50s that there were aliens living on the moon.

Yeah, and anyway, he wouldn't be the white horseman, he'd obviously be the black one. :rolleyes:

WAIT HOLD ON I MEANT THAT BECAUSE ALL OF THE INFLATION AND STUFF

Nice Cage said:
Doctor Walter Bishop said:
I always thought all Christians took these stories literally.

Really? :/

Yeah, in a pretty small Southern Baptist church we take the entire Bible at face value. But when we did live in a (relatively) larger city, we attended a Catholic church that believed in a lot of symbolism. But I was so young at the time that I didn't remember a lot of what was going on. Let me dig out a verse real quick...

James 1:6 KJV said:
But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.

And here's a more understandable translation...

James 1:6 Good News Translation said:
But when you pray, you must believe and not doubt at all. Whoever doubts is like a wave in the sea that is driven and blown about by the wind.

That kind of sums up our beliefs. :)

Agent Smith said:
James 1:6 Good News Translation said:
But when you pray, you must believe and not doubt at all. Whoever doubts is like a wave in the sea that is driven and blown about by the wind.

That kind of sums up our beliefs. :)

I don't really know how to say this without starting a flame war, but it seems a little odd to me that you're expected to mindlessly follow your religion and never question or think for yourself.

Oh, I understand perfectly.

Just because it says not to doubt, doesn't mean I don't question my own beliefs from time to time. I doubt a lot, in fact. It's simply my own faith that keeps me stuck on. I think it's only natural for any believer of any religion to feel unsure from time to time.

Back