Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters

Hobbes

Tucayo
Retired Wiki Staff
'Shroom Consultant
MarioWiki
Henry Tucayo Clay
New issue just released! Plenty of important announcements in this issue; plus, the largest Critic Corner we've had so far! Be sure to check it out.

And we have many vacancies in the Main Team, here they are:

Main Team (contact Super Mario Bros. or Tucayo):
  • From The Mushroom Vaults
  • A History of Video Games
  • Character Comparison
  • Fading Into Obscurity
  • Retro Feature

Please contact us if you're interested.

Re: Issue LXII

Congrats, NSM, Pyro and everyone else that made it into the Critic Corner team!

That is one juicy Critic Corner, hope everyone including me can keep it up.
BTW, this marks the first time in which I've played a game without having a review in mind, so that is all based on another playthough I quickly made, when I already had some knowledge of the game, so that's kinda fun.

Always good to see that the Critic Corner is flourishing, since that's my favorite section. Also, that section box at the bottom of each section is nice.

Oh goodie, the images are up and now I won't throw a hissy fit because it looks messy!

I'd have to say that this is the best Critic Corner I've seen so far. Lots of sections, a grand total of FIVE games reviewed (Xpike, NSM, me, and Dippy doing two), and three other neat opinion pieces!

Gundam Tanaka said:
Always good to see that the Critic Corner is flourishing, since that's my favorite section. Also, that section box at the bottom of each section is nice.
Fortunately, me and 2257 are going to be taking steps to making everything in Critic Corner look consistent and nice.

Keyzer said:
Oh goodie, the images are up and now I won't throw a hissy fit because it looks messy!
That was a mistake on my part, sorry. I forgot to give Tucayo the images, and since issue release is at, like, 5AM my time, Tucayo couldn't really do much about it until I woke up.

Thank you so much to everyone for your support of Critic Corner. I really appreciate it. Hope we can all continue to keep the sub-team as active as possible.

I won't comment on the issue itself, since I still haven't finished reading it, but there's an issue (get it?) with this thread. The title reads "Issue LXII", but it should be "Issue LXXII".

tucayo made the same mistake in his staff notes

I'd like to mention that both of Dippy's sections were particularly great this month (though that may be because I've actually had time to give them a thorough read.)

Dippy's Matilda especially, though. Too many times I've heard that the biggest reasons a person plays a game is for graphics.

DP you should review SimCity this month, that way you can brag about having played 3 of EA's "how did we fuck this up so bad" sequels. (If you can get it to work, that is)

I hear SimCity itself isn't a bad game, it's just the connectivity part that screws everything up.

Xpike said:
DP you should review SimCity this month, that way you can brag about having played 3 of EA's "how did we fuck this up so bad" sequels. (If you can get it to work, that is)
I've already got my QTE-riddled survivalist review for April, so I'm afraid that's out of the question. Also not giving EA any more of my money, especially given I'm unable to trade in their games now thanks to Origin.

Gundam Tanaka said:
I hear SimCity itself isn't a bad game, it's just the connectivity part that screws everything up.
At least in my opinion, the fact that the game won't work should get it an automatic 0. It's kind of like gambling, sure, you have the chance of getting 10000$ if you invest 60$ right, but most of the time you'll end up just losing 60$ because EA's online servers have decided you won't be able to play the game, and you can't do shit about it.

Lakituthequick said:
Hobbes said:
In Projects Seeking Contributors, I see Request: New Super Mario Bros. 2 Stage Icons listed, and as far as I know, that problem has been resolved.
It probably was solved after the section was sent.
True, dat ;)

Back