Should I buy a SNES?

I have a chance to buy a SNES for about £30 quid. I know it'll be in good condition as it is from a close friend. However I'm not sure if I should buy one of just stick with an emulator. Every time I think I'll stick with an emulator the idea of playing Mario World and Mario Kart on the original system just changes my mind. What do you guys think?
:yoshi:

well it actually seems like a good deal, since snes systems aren't exactly that cheap in most cases.

Although getting snes games can be a problem, especially rare ones as they can be insanely over-priced.

jettyb_wba said:
I have a chance to buy a SNES for about £30 quid. I know it'll be in good condition as it is from a close friend. However I'm not sure if I should buy one of just stick with an emulator. Every time I think I'll stick with an emulator the idea of playing Mario World and Mario Kart on the original system just changes my mind. What do you guys think?
get the real deal because http://www.nintendo.com/corp/legal.jsp

also i get guess it depends if you plan to ever netplay a snes with anybody, since as we all know, snes is local only due to online play really being non-existent at the time.

Personally I prefer emulation myself, since I can get games in english that would never be localized and I dont really like the snes controller either.

I love the SNES, I'd definitely buy one at that price.

If you want extra Hardware in your room, go for it, but I can play many SNES games on my Wii (Virtual Console).
I as well play ROM Hacks on my Wii, using The Homebrew Channel, so in fact, my Wii is my Retro Station (Wii games are considered Retro now, after all).

That seems like a good deal to me. Playing games on the original system feels great (for me, at least), so it's worth the money. That's why I buy a lot of NES, GB, and GBC games even though I can very easily emulate them.

I'm going to buy it. Emulators just seem so souless. Also seen in my local game shop they're selling a Sega Genesis for £40 with 3 games. Surely worth getting that just for its "Blast Processing" ;)

Yes, do it, get it. I regret selling my previous two working snes's.

The chances of SNES to continue working for you slim down every year

I'd just stick with wiiware

Ghostony said:
The chances of SNES to continue working for you slim down every year

I'd just stick with wiiware

Wiiware suck, SNES is a real deal and you can get Donkey Kong Country for SNES, not Wiiware

If your SNES is broken, fix it and it is easy to do it

jettyb_wba said:
I'm going to buy it. Emulators just seem so souless. Also seen in my local game shop they're selling a Sega Genesis for £40 with 3 games. Surely worth getting that just for its "Blast Processing" ;)

note to self game systems have souls.

Back