Whose Line Is It Anyway? 2013 discussion thread

MCS

Donkey Kong
http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/03/01/whose-line-is-it-anyway-returns/

I'm pretty damned stoked about this. The only downside is that Drew Carey won't be hosting. I feel like it won't be Whose Line without him. Hopefully CW won't ruin it, but hey, the 3 original guys will still be in it, which is good news!

Re: Whose Line Is It Anyway? to be revived on CW this summer

would be interesting if i actually watched tv and i could just download them anyway.

so meh.

Eh, the show's better off without him, though I've never heard of this Aisha Tyler.

I thought you were talking about the actual CW-Games.
Disappointing.

MKGirlism said:
I thought you were talking about the actual CW-Games.
Disappointing.

...why would it be on CW Games?

The Title says "CW", and I didn't of know anything else that uses this shortcut, until now.

Colin's two most recent Facebook updates about this:

u57QAFI.png

X652viz.png

This is going to be a great revival, I can feel it.

i am excited, as a fan of both whose line and the dutch version which is hi-larious as well. which the people who made it now also revived the dutch version.

The first episode's premiering right now!

So far it's a mix of meh and moderately hilarious, but it's like the first season of the original Whose Line - it took a while to become really, really funny.

EDIT: Just finished watching both episodes. In all honesty, I'm not sure if I'm okay with Aisha Tyler being the host. She really pushed some sketches far longer than they should have been, namely one of the Scenes from a Hat suggestions, which went on like 7 times. Drew knew when to end it, and would usually never go past 4 or sometimes even 5 times. It really doesn't feel the same without him.

Nonetheless, it was pretty funny, and it had some hilarious moments. Looking forward to the new episode next Tuesday.

I thought it was fantastic. Even if Drew Carey did host again, it wouldn't be the same. He's not easy to make fun of anymore.

schmutz said:
I thought it was fantastic. Even if Drew Carey did host again, it wouldn't be the same. He's not easy to make fun of anymore.

Yeah. Even Jeff misses fat Drew.

Also, today's new episode was probably my favorite so far. The Props was hilarious (namely the "Old Mr. T", the conehead impressions, and the pole vaulting) and Wayne did a kickass Song Style. Candice Accola did a great job as a guest, too.

recently watched the first episode since they actually have the first 3 eps hosted on the main site, very nice.

Gotta say i liked it a lot, seems the old crew is hilarious as ever, although i must admit seeing wayne bald is certainly interesting.

The new host is kinda so-so but again drew couldn't do what he did in the older show, as things change.

Regarldess though i like it, certainly made me laugh pretty hard.

Wayne's been bald for a long time now...he was bald in Trust Us With Your Life and when he guest-starred on Improv-a-Ganza.

I do agree though, they've still got hilarious improv skills. I love how Colin completely ruined the Dating Profile sketch that they did in the most recent episode.

MCS said:
Wayne's been bald for a long time now...he was bald in Trust Us With Your Life and when he guest-starred on Improv-a-Ganza.

I do agree though, they've still got hilarious improv skills. I love how Colin completely ruined the Dating Profile sketch that they did in the most recent episode.

well i dont watch much tv so i guess thats why i was surprised, although i had heard he went bald though at some point though.

Today's episodes were great. I have to admit, it's gotten better since the first episode by far.

I missed the majority of the first episode because of the TF2 tournament, but the second episode was awesome. Pretty interesting how they had synchronized swimmers as the celebrity guest this time. That Forward/Rewind was so great, I love how Jeff kept having to scream "NOOOOO" over and over. The Living Scenery was hilariously awkward at the end, too.

I'm pretty pissed that I can't watch tonight's episode because Bright House (my cable provider) and CBS are having negotiations, so the channel is down. They say they hope for it to be resolved soon.

So, after 4 weeks of CW being down for me, I finally saw today's episode. I was pretty stoked that they brought back Newsflash (the game where Colin reports in front of a green screen that he doesn't know what's projected on it). I think the Song Styles that Wayne did with Lisa Leslie was the best part of those episodes, though. Other than that, there wasn't anything too funny that I remember.

By chance, has anyone seen any of the last 4 episodes that I missed? If so, did I miss anything particularly good?

Back