2012-13 NFL Playoffs Thread

I'm gonna risk it and go with

Texans over Patriots
Broncos over Ravens (as much as I hate the Broncos)
Packers over 49ers
Falcons over Seahawks

#1 vs #3 for both.

holy shit, I never thought the Ravens v Broncos was going to be this close.

And I'm actually rooting for the Ravens, even if I picked the Broncos.

Broncos lost and my friends will going to be mad at school and they will be more angry if NE wins

Ralph, I have a feeling your Ravens are heading to the Super Bowl this year. I think the added motivation of this being Ray Lewis' last year is keeping their spirits high that I think they can beat either the Texans or the Patriots in the AFC Championship. If that's the case I wish your team luck. If they're against the 49ers, I'll be cheering for the Ravens with you. I'll be a little more neutral if it's the Seahawks or the Falcons instead. But I do have at least some confidence that the Ravens will make it out of the AFC.

What a game that was. Congrats to Matt Ryan and Mike Smith for escaping an avalanche of jokes about how they can't win in the playoffs

Mario Boards NFL Playoff Pick 'Em Standings:

Marcelagus: 5-3
Tucayo: 5-3

My picks for next week:
Patriots over Ravens
49ers over Falcons

I'm actually thinking the Ravens will beat the Patriots this time around. Last year they only lost because of a missed field goal that should have easily been made. This year I think the Ravens are even better then they were last year, plus they have (Like I said before) Ray Lewis' last year as a motivator. If they could hang tight with the Broncos who had Peyton Manning, I think they can offer quite a bit of challenge for the Pats this time around.

And I'd rather have the Falcons beat the 49ers. But ya know. I can imagine the 49ers possibly steamrolling them. After the Falcons nearly choked a 20-0 lead to the Seahawks. Even if the Seahawks did really play well to get to that point. I want the Falcons to win, but I have the feeling they won't.

You would be surprised at how little 'motivators' actually correlate to winning/losing

Also, I think the Patriots are better than they were last year as well.

Well what do you know, it's gonna be a Har-bowl.

Mario Boards NFL Playoff Pick 'Em Standings:

Marcelagus: 6-4
Tucayo: 5-5

This is a hard one to pick, but I'm going with the Niners probably mostly because I like them better. I'm currently on a dubious 5-game losing streak of teams I root for in the Super Bowl ('07 Patriots, '08 Cardinals, '09 Colts, '10 Steelers, '11 Patriots) though, which may indicate a Ravens victory...

Also apparently the past 3 Super Bowl winners played against the Eagles in their home opener in their respective seasons. This year, the Eagles' home opener was against the Ravens.

I honestly didn't expect the Ravens to beat the Patriots, and after looking at that, I think they can win the Super Bowl, so I will go with them. Kaepernick struggled during the first half yesterday, and I think the Ravens' defense is better than the 49ers'.

About a week until the Super Bowl. I'll be cheering for the Ravens. First time in a little while I actually preferred one team. I think the last time I cheered for a team it was for the Steelers against the Cardinals. But only because I cheered for them when they played the Seahawks in the Super Bowl that took place in Detroit.

Earlier, I was wondering what would happen if Super Bowl broadcasters lost power and couldn't broadcast, whether they would keep playing or not

The stadium power went out instead.

The streak continues, teams I root for in the Super Bowl now ride a 6-game losing streak...

Congratulations to Tucayo and Me for winning the 2012-13 Mario Boards NFL Playoff Pick 'Em with a record of 6-5. Hopefully we will have more people next year.

The second half was great, the first one not so much. The 49ers should have run more, IMO.

And the half time show was boring, they need to bring back rock acts. Nothing against Beyonce, I just thought it was bland.

Hobbes said:
The second half was great, the first one not so much. The 49ers should have run more, IMO.

And the half time show was boring, they need to bring back rock acts. Nothing against Beyonce, I just thought it was bland.
I really want Bon Jovi to do a Super Bowl halftime show.

Hobbes said:

I missed the entire first half due to naps, I ended up waking up not too long before the power outage.

And then when my little brother woke up from his nap the 49ers picked up the pace by scoring a TD. Afterwards Xze made sure he stayed awake, hehe.

So that went quite well.

Halftime would've been great if she sang "Party" because it opens with the greatest line in music history:

You a bad girl and your friends bad too
We got the swag sauce she drippin swagu

Akane Owari said:
Hobbes said:

I missed the entire first half due to naps, I ended up waking up not too long before the power outage.

And then when my little brother woke up from his nap the 49ers picked up the pace by scoring a TD. Afterwards Xze made sure he stayed awake, hehe.
wait, Xze is younger than you? For some reason I always thought you were younger :P

ITe1oJj.jpg

great, fox is already hyping up how it's going be a cold weather super bowl

i can already imagine myself getting sick of people just talking about how cold and shit it's going to be for the entire two weeks leading up to the game

Back