Wii U ports of Wii games

Should Nintendo remake Wii games in Wii U format?

• Yes, as many as possible

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Only if they do more than just graphics upgrades

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • Only with the most popular games

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Only with the more obscure games

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, it's a useless idea

Votes: 4 33.3%

• Total voters

SKmaric

King Bowser
Like how Nintendo remade Gamecube games in Wii format with the New Play Control series. With these Wii U remakes there should be upgrades like:

High Definition graphics (higher FPS, larger resolution, higher polygon counts)
GamePad/Pro Controller compatibility
Miiverse capabilities
Any content left out of the original games from time constraints
Asymmetric game modes

So yeah, similar idea to the NPC series.

Re: Wii U remakes of Wii games

Super Paper Mario could really use the GamePad as a menu that's always open for all the partner switching, which is a shame because I don't really want a remake of that.

i've always thought that the game with the most potential for the gamepad on the wii u was twilight princess

that game already looks good enough as it is in sd

imagine it in hd

plus it would be a good way to show technology for a zelda wii u game using the gamepad

What the WiiU needs is to be demonstrated as a powerful system for "hardcore" gamers- not a Wii rerun.

Wii remakes are a step back in terms of what could be done for the system. We need new first-party titles and stronger third party support.

We also need to bring the PS360 crowd over to the WiiU.

The Undertaker said:
i've always thought that the game with the most potential for the gamepad on the wii u was twilight princess

imagine it in hd

plus it would be a good way to show technology for a zelda wii u game using the gamepad
A better way would be to release a new Zelda game instead of wasting time on a remake.

It doesn't sound very useful to me, if they do do it, at least wait a few years for the system to be well established instead of just something to remake games on

The Undertaker said:

imagine it in hd

But Twilight Princess was already ported on Wii.

LakantaTheQlaus said:
Tell me.

What was that scene of Link in that giant room with that Spider coming from the ceiling they showed at the E3 2011?
Tech demo.

Nabber said:
LakantaTheQlaus said:
Tell me.

What was that scene of Link in that giant room with that Spider coming from the ceiling they showed at the E3 2011?
Tech demo.
Well, see what happened to New Super Mario Bros. Mii.

Travis Touchdown said:
What the WiiU needs is to be demonstrated as a powerful system for "hardcore" gamers- not a Wii rerun.

Wii remakes are a step back in terms of what could be done for the system. We need new first-party titles and stronger third party support.

The Undertaker said:

imagine it in hd

A better way would be to release a new Zelda game instead of wasting time on a remake.
I agree.

what? did you expect to say something more else than that? well too bad.

Travis Touchdown said:

The Undertaker said:

imagine it in hd

What Nintendo is trying to do is keep it's original gamers and try and catch PS360 crowds, Ubisoft used ZombiU to do that as well as releasing Assassin's Creed 3 for the console as well.

I'd think the Galaxy games and Skyward sword are potential candidates for remakes.

NSY said:
Travis Touchdown said:

The Undertaker said:

imagine it in hd

What Nintendo is trying to do is keep it's original gamers and try and catch PS360 crowds, Ubisoft used ZombiU to do that as well as releasing Assassin's Creed 3 for the console as well.
yes, NSY, please repeat exactly what I just said

BEEEEEAAARRRS said:
It doesn't sound very useful to me, if they do do it, at least wait a few years for the system to be well established instead of just something to remake games on
New Play Control didn't start until about 3 years into the Wii's lifespan, so I agree.

I also think that it would be possible through a system update to launch Wii games right from the Wii U Menu, which either from there or from a patch (somehow) the Wii games can be upscaled to at least a higher resolution and/or framerate.

And any possible HD and widescreen updates to Gamecube games can be left for Virtual Console.

I don't see why wii games even need to be remade in the first place, they're not even old or contain gigantic flaws.

Just seems like a massive waste. would much rather see new games or if there were to be remakes, they should be from much older games that are actually in need of one.

The Wii U doesn't need remakes, and besides it's already backwards compatible with the Wii games. No need to make remakes right now anyways. What we need is Pikmin 3 out right now, as well as a Kirby game.

Back