The mysterious package

Shoko

Dry Bowser
Wiki Bureaucrat
'Shroom Consultant
MarioWiki
Shokora
So this is a game that our English teacher played with us last year, and I thought I would share it here. The aim of the game is to try and guess what the object is in the given scenario. You can guess what the object is and I can answer questions so it can be narrowed down. Okay, so here's the scenario;

A man is lying face down on the ground. Unfortunately, dead. About a meter away from his body is a package. This package is unopened, but somehow, was solely responsible for this man's death. What's in the package?

He was flying by air-balloon and saw that it had popped. With the air-balloon quickly loosing height, he was desperate to save his own life. In the basket he was standing in, he found the package. The package was labelled with 'Parachute'. Thinking on his feet, he realised that opening the package would be the only way he could save his own life. However, unfortunately for him, he did not manage to open the package in time, and therefore he could not equip himself with the parachute contained within, and therefore the package is the soul reason responsible for his death. As I have already said, the package contains a parachute that he could have used to save himself from this grim fate, but seeing as he failed at it, he is dead.

Grr.. RandomYoshi! You got it in one! I'll think of another...

Okay, two men walked into a bar. They both sit down at the stools and asked the bartender for a drink. One of the men skulls his drink down very quickly. He then leaves the bar. The other man, however, drinks his beverage slowly, and he drops dead before he finishes the glass. Both men were drinking exactly the same drink, but only one died at the bar. How can this be?

There was poison in the ice. As the first man quickly drank everything he had, the ice had not managed to melt and therefore the poison could be treated within his body. But the other one took his time and therefore the ice managed to melt. As a result of this, the other man's beverage was poisoned, subsequently making it lethal for him to drink. As he drank it, the poison rushed through his body, effectively killing him off.

All those math equations must have gave you physic powers or something... Anyways, can anyone else think of a puzzle like the two above?

Damn. Must have been close.

He made a bet with a friend that if he saw a certain type of fish he would shoot himself. His friend was with him when he saw it so he had to keep his end of the bargain so he shot himself.

I think him being high was a much better solution.

Was it because he saw himself as a fish?

That person was Junko, and she was looking for the greatest despair ever.
YoshiKong said:
A man is lying face down on the ground. Unfortunately, dead. About a meter away from his body is a package. This package is unopened, but somehow, was solely responsible for this man's death. What's in the package?
Pfft, that one's a classic. The box has kryptonite.

The guy was playing Mafia with his buddies and they decided that another guy named himself should be lynched, so he looked at the dead fish who had been nightkilled the night before and then turned and shot the guy named himself.

Thus, he looked at a dead fish and then shot himself.

Cinnamon Pi said:
A man sees a fish and shoots himself. Why?
Was the fish named "himself"?

Beauty Queen Etna said:
The guy was playing Mafia with his buddies and they decided that another guy named himself should be lynched, so he looked at the dead fish who had been nightkilled the night before and then turned and shot the guy named himself.

Thus, he looked at a dead fish and then shot himself.
Good guess, but that's not what the answer is.

YoshiKong said:
Cinnamon Pi said:
A man sees a fish and shoots himself. Why?
Was the fish named "himself"?
No, it wasn't.

Hint 2: when I said Mafia, did I mean the game?

this man crossed the mafia so now he's swimming with the fishes

or if he crossed the mafia, if he's been thrown into the ocean he's probably chained to something heavy, so in attempt to free himself he accidentally shoots himself instead of whatever's holding him down because he's a klutz

Back