The Hub's Naughty or Nice Awards 2012

Smashgoom202

Dry Bowser
Retired Wiki Staff
Naughty-or-Nice-awards.jpg

http://press.discovery.com/us/hub/press-releases/2012/awards-season-launches-hub-tv-networks-naught-2197/

For some reason, Discord looks like The Hub just picked up some random fanart and put it in that picture but whatever...

So, remember how last year, we would vote who was the naughtiest and who was the nicest? And how Discord and Pinkie won by a land-slide? Well this year they're doing things a little differently, because now there are difference categories for "naughty" and "nice". The categories are as follows:

Naughty Categories
The Hub's Naughtiest of All:

• Alakshmi ("Kaijudo: Rise of the Duel Masters")
  • The Biskit Twins ("Littlest Pet Shop")
  • Dan ("Dan Vs.")

Most Villainous Laugh:

• Dr. Mangle ("R.L. Stine's The Haunting Hour: The Series" episode entitled
    "Creature Feature - Part 2")
  • Megatron ("Transformers Prime")
  • Razorkinder Puppet ("Kaijudo: Rise of the Duel Masters")

Nastiest Hissy Fit:

• Fluttershy ("My Little Pony Friendship is Magic" episode entitled
    "Putting Your Hoof Down")
  • Penny Ling ("Littlest Pet Shop" episode entitled
    "Mean Isn't Your Color")
  • Starscream ("Transformers Prime" episode entitled
    "Orion Pax - Part 2")

Naughtiest Use of a Villainous Power:

• Dr. Morocco ("Transformers Rescue Bots" episode entitled
    "It's a Boy Time")
  • Megaria ("Kaijudo: Rise of the Duel Masters" episode entitled
    "Heart of Darkness - Part 1")
  • Queen Chrysalis ("My Little Pony Friendship is Magic" episode entitled
    "A Canterlot Wedding - Part 2")

NICE CATEGORIES:
The Hub's Nicest of All:

• Blades ("Transformers Rescue Bots")
  • Blythe Baxter ("Littlest Pet Shop")
  • Jimmy The Robot ("The Aquabats! Super Show!")

Best Hub Jam:

• "BFF's" ("Littlest Pet Shop")
  • "Burger Rain" ("The Aquabats! Super Show!")
  • "Flim Flam Cider Song" ("My Little Pony Friendship is Magic")

Awesomest Good Deed:

• Chris ("Dan Vs." episode entitled "Dan Vs. Chris")
  • Grumpy Bear and The Care Bears ("Care Bears" episode entitled "Sad About You")
  • Optimus Prime and The Autobots ("Transformers Prime" episode entitled "Darkest Hour")

Nicest Use of a Heroic Power:

• Grampire ("R.L. Stine's The Haunting Hour: The Series" episode entitled "Grampires - Part 2")
  • MC Bat Commander and The Aquabats! ("The Aquabats! Super Show!" episode entitled "Showtime")
  • Strudel ("Pound Puppies" episode entitled "Good Dog, McLeish")

Hm... I think The Hub realized that My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic is a juggernaut, and thus doesn't want it completely dominating the whole contest. As for my thoughts on MLP...

I don't know, some of the choices and categories where they show up are weird... Like the Flim Flam brothers song... I like it, it's a pretty catchy earworm, but it's not exactly the best "jam" the series has to offer... Or IS IT?! Also, I don't like how Fluttershy was nominated in a "naughty" category. Yeah, thanks for reminding us how much of a jerk she was in that episode... and she only became that way because everypony else was a jerk. :mad:

Eh, whatever, Queen Chrysalis's nomination, I'd say, is well-deserved. Also, it seems that The Hub and Hasbro have fully acknowledged that as her name, even though it was never mentioned in the show itself.

If this list reminded me of anything, it's how I should get back to finishing watching Transformers Prime. Either way, nice new direction, IMO.

Time Turner said:
They have a category for the nicest characters of all... and they don't even include any of the ponies?

Probably because they'd dominate like last year. I think it's fair. Though I don't know why they chose the Flim Flam song for the Hub Jam category. I'm not saying that was a bad song. But I think there were better choices.

Northern Verve said:
Though I don't know why they chose the Flim Flam song for the Hub Jam category. I'm not saying that was a bad song. But I think there were better choices.
Perhaps it's an attempt from them to try to divert votes from the pony show to the other shows?

Time Turner said:
They have a category for the nicest characters of all... and they don't even include any of the ponies?
The ponies really aren't that nice...except Applejack and Twlight

Octoberry said:
Time Turner said:
Even Twilight isn't all THAT nice... Yeah, I'd say, by this point, Applejack is the only one who would best suit that category...

So yeah, what the Hell?

Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie already won the last two years in the Nice category. So obviously given the show's popularity it'd just be a threepeat if they put another Pony in there.

Staraptor said:

mx7EO

Element of kindness ringing a bell?
Yeah, that's exactly why Fluttershy is nominated in one of the Naughty categories.

I'm just confused, not annoyed.

Then again...Fluttershy probably earned herself a spot on the naughty list in that Iron Will episode.

Fluttershy won nicest character in the year before the one where Pinkie Pie won though (And that was when FiM was only 2 months old! I didn't even know the show existed then, I wouldn't until at least February in 2011)

Gamefreak75 said:
I'm voting Megatron for nicest overall character.

Megatron is absolute!

Otherwise i dunno about this since the only shows ive seen are like mlp and prime.

Smashgoom202 said:
Octoberry said:
Time Turner said:
Even Twilight isn't all THAT nice... Yeah, I'd say, by this point, Applejack is the only one who would best suit that category...
Haha Applejack is best pony. You guys know I like her.

Anyway, I never watch the Hub. I only watched MLP on YouTube

Well crap, I procrastinated and completely forgot to vote in this contest. The results are in and we'll see who won tomorrow morning at 12pm ET / 9am PT

I've got work/last-minute Christmas shopping to do, so I probably won't be able to see it, ironically enough. I'll try to see if I can, and I'll post who won, if I get the chance, and if no one else does...

Smashgoom202 said:
They're basically Diamond Tiara and Sliver Spoon from FiM.
Ah, manipulative bitches.

Oh thy Nabber, how do thee like Diamond Tiara when thou is a bitch?

So the Hub's website has a page showing the victor's of the contest:

http://www.hubworld.com/hubworld/specials/naughty-or-nice-2012/

The winners are as follows:

Naughtiest of All: Biskit Twins

Most Villainous Laugh: Megatron

Nastiest Hissy Fit: Fluttershy (damn it!)

Naughtiest Use of a Villainous Power: Queen Chrysalis

Nicest of All: Blythe Baxter

Best Hub Jam: "Flim Flam Cidar Song"

Awesomest Good Deed: Optimus Prime & the Autobots

Nicest Use of a Heroic Power: Strudel

Back