why is my pc slow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EctoBiologist

Best cat themed touhou. I love touhou and DR.
Banned User
this week it has been slow lately.

Blastoise said:
Malware, most likely.

If it's just your internet though then it's likely your internet provider.
I said pc not internet.

Yeah, you might want to get some antivirus thing to get rid of it.

There could be a simpler problem - there might be a background task that's slowing your computer waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay down. If Task Manager shows anything taking up 100,000 K and it's not explorer.exe or your internet program, you might want to shut that down too.

Pokémon Trainer Red said:
If it's a virus or something, I would recommend one, but it costs money.

You have to pay for viruses nowadays?

Anyway, I think you ought to run a scan first, see what comes up.

Nathan Drake said:
Pokémon Trainer Red said:
If it's a virus or something, I would recommend one, but it costs money.

You have to pay for viruses nowadays?

Anyway, I think you ought to run a scan first, see what comes up.
I have malware bytes anti-malware and kaspersky.

It could be just the may files are placed, every time my computer gets slow I defrag it and it works faster, that is what I recommend for you.

I just dual booted my Mac so I have 2 different Mac in one Mac and new one ran faster. Maybe you can do that with PC too.

Wii U said:
I just dual booted my Mac so I have 2 different Mac in one Mac and new one ran faster. Maybe you can do that with PC too.
Hey, I have Windows running on both Macs in my house because it's insanely better for gaming.

I don't know where the program came from, but it's called Boot Camp. Basically, instead of booting into the Mac OS it boots into Windows OS.

It could also be some shit clogging up your registry iirc. There is a thousand programs out there that will tell you what's wrong with your pc. The hard thing is to find one that also solves those problems.

ToxBox, nobody will help you on any form of piracy (free Windows, etc.).

Pokémon Trainer Red, there are free Anti-Virus alternatives as well, like AVG, Avast, MalwareBytes, etc., but I can't say they're as accurate as the paid ones.
If you get any paid ones, stay away from Norton and Panda, these will make your PC work slower than ever (strangely, their business products won't).
I'm using Kaspersky on my Macs and Androids, it's really good, and are cheap for both systems.
The Windows PC's here still run MalwareBytes, but I'm switching soon (if the license allows multiple installations, at least).

FireEevee, I almost thought you installed Norton or Panda, as your Anti-Virus, but that wasn't the case, I see.
I'd like to know the following:
- Screenshots of your Task Manager (Processes list, with the "CPU Usage" and "Memory Usage" being clicked per Screenshot).
- Your amount of RAM (find this under Start > Right-Click on "My Computer" > "Properties").
- Your amount of free disk space, out of the total space (Start > My Computer > Right-Click on "C:" > "Properties").

This could make it easier to define the problem with being slow.
If it really just started doing that, it sounds like a process, you've recently installed/started.

MKGirlism said:
ToxBox, nobody will help you on any form of piracy (free Windows, etc.).

Pokémon Trainer Red, there are free Anti-Virus alternatives as well, like AVG, Avast, MalwareBytes, etc., but I can't say they're as accurate as the paid ones.
If you get any paid ones, stay away from Norton and Panda, these will make your PC work slower than ever (strangely, their business products won't).
I'm using Kaspersky on my Macs and Androids, it's really good, and are cheap for both systems.
The Windows PC's here still run MalwareBytes, but I'm switching soon (if the license allows multiple installations, at least).

FireEevee, I almost thought you installed Norton or Panda, as your Anti-Virus, but that wasn't the case, I see.
I'd like to know the following:
- Screenshots of your Task Manager (Processes list, with the "CPU Usage" and "Memory Usage" being clicked per Screenshot).
- Your amount of RAM (find this under Start > Right-Click on "My Computer" > "Properties").
- Your amount of free disk space, out of the total space (Start > My Computer > Right-Click on "C:" > "Properties").

This could make it easier to define the problem with being slow.
If it really just started doing that, it sounds like a process, you've recently installed/started.

postin' the pics.

be warned that I did not bother with the rest with the cpu since most of them don't use a lot of cpu shit, also be warned that they're in spanish and the pics are big.

first image is cpu, the other two are memory.

CPU.png

memoryshit1.png

memoryshit2-1.png

lemme edit this in a sec to find the ammount of ram.

Edit: 1,99 RAM.

and the free disk space is 84,3 GB

and the total disk space is 232 GB

It looks like you're running way to much or way to heavy Services.
You should disable some, but it's a very advanced task, and until Tuesday, I can only go on TeamViewer at School, which is on Monday, plus I can only before 11:00, between 12:00 and 13:00, or after 15:00 (all in Central European Time).

MKGirlism said:
You should disable some, but it's a very advanced task, and until Tuesday, I can only go on TeamViewer at School, which is on Monday, plus I can only before 11:00, between 12:00 and 13:00, or after 15:00 (all in Central European Time).
translate that in venezuelan timezone.

FireEevee said:
MKGirlism said:
translate that in venezuelan timezone.
Central European Time (CET) Venezuelan Time (VET)
11:005:30
12:006:30
13:007:30
15:009:30

CET: GMT + 1
VET: GMT - 4:30
All times 24h display.

MKGirlism said:
can you now help me or do I still have to wait?

Ah, I forgot.
Well, I have time now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back