Game won't play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocker64

~Massive Fangirl
I just downloaded, a really old game. (Called: Covert Action.)

The game is boss, but it won't run on my computer, why? It might have something to do with the fact it was originally made for the MS-DOS and Amiga. I tried using Compatibility mode but still doesn't work. Everytime i try to run it it tell me i should contact the software owner for a 32bit or 64bit version.

PLEASE HELP. I want to play this game so much. Its incredibly cool and i can't find anything on the interwebs to help me.

Thanks. Now how the fuck do i use it.

None of this makes sense. :(

I read the manual thing for it and i still don't understand.

Its telling me to "Mount" the directory or something or other. I don't know how to do this cause it clearly doesn't register spaces, and part of what i need to write has a space.

Thanks for the DosBox idea though, as even if i don't get a response exactly here about this ^ i can probably just look it up at this point.

from some website:

At the the command prompt in Dosbox type "config -writeconf dosbox.conf" and then press the "Enter" key.

Next: Type "exit" to exit Dosbox.

Now: Locate and right click on the Dosbox config file. Click "open with" and select notepad.

Finally: Scroll to the bottom. We are going to place some text below [autoexec]:

mount c c:\games\covert
c:
covert

Save and exit the config file when you are finished.

Now Lets Extract The Covert Action Free Game Download:

First: Right click on the Covert Action game file you downloaded to your hard drive and click on "Extract All".

Then: Click the "Next" button when the extractor launches. You will be asked where you would like to extract the Covert Action game files, select "C:\Games\Covert". When you're done click "Extract" and the Covert Action game files will begin to extract.

"Your Mission, Should You Accept It...":

Click on the Dosbox program in the Covert directory and the game Covert Action will start, enjoy!

If i could i would hug you.

THANK YOU.

THANK YOU SO MUCH.

I got it working, following the directions. I CAN PLAY NOW, I'M SO HAPPY.

This can be locked now i guess or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back