RWBY

Then watch Episode 8. That episode has all the stuff we were waiting for.

Also, can I just say the theme song is awesome. Although I have NO idea how that girl can sing that high.

I've left it for now so I can watch it in one sitting. I think I reached the episode with the spring pads and the forest.

First season of RWBY... eh... it was okay. It just seemed like a lot more effort was put into the reveal trailers than was in the show.

More than 70% of every reveal trailer was action. The action scenes are great, but the rest is forgettable.

I was actually referring to the animation smoothness of the trailers. The show's animation is mostly clunky and awkward.

The actions scenes also have fairly smooth animation if I recall correctly. 'the rest' includes everything other than the action, so I was also referring to what you were. We're on the same page here.

Sometimes I feel like all the backlash against the series now has gotten a bit extreme. The shortcomings of the series in general were obvious even when the trailers started (voice acting, animation issues). I do understand why people were annoyed that every episode wasn't a fight scene and it became a simple high school drama with monsters and unrealistic weapons. But, to be honest, I wasn't expecting it to be the best thing ever. The fight scenes are the best parts, but we still need context as to why they're happening, and I'm pretty sure they always intended it to be a high school drama thing.

I really like RWBY, despite all its flaws. The only thing I didn't like was how they introduced two new characters at the END of the first season. Four, if you count the post-credits scene. It didn't feel like the end of a season, it felt like the end of a mini-arc like Ruby and Weiss' after episode 8, and Jaune's one after that.

i stopped watching around episode 13 i think

it was a combination of me being bored and me being too lazy to watch it

Just finish the next episode, episode 14 is the season finale

EDIT: Seriously? Some people complained that the show has "unrealistic weapons" >_>
I mean com'on, what were they expecting off a show that was created to be like an anime? The true complaint I have about the show is the difference in time duration in almost every episode. One episode may be 3-4 minutes long while another may be 8-10 minutes long. I just hate it when it's about 5 minutes long because the show is over too quickly, too much content and info is smashed into that time, and also those episodes always end in a terrible cliff-hanger.

So, the first episode of Season 2 is out on the Roosterteeth website.

It's definitely an improvement. In almost every way.

Back