Need for Speed discussion

IceShadow1199

NOPE, THE PARASOL ISN'T A KIRBY IDEA I SWEAR
Banned User
So, this is a discussion thread for a series of racing games called "Need for speed". The Need for Speed series is the reason why I love racing games. Also, Need for Speed Underground was my first racing game, I think.

Time Turner said:
I've always been more fond of Burnout, bur Underground 2 was my first racing game, and I do have some fond memories of it.

:3

I used to play Underground 2 a long time ago. Then we lost the game. I just liked making cool cars and free roaming and trying to smash the other cars. I remember being sandwiched and flung into the air once.

And I was driving between two other racers and hit the pole in the middle of the road and came to a complete halt. Good times.

Crackin355 said:
I used to play Underground 2 a long time ago. Then we lost the game. I just liked making cool cars and free roaming and trying to smash the other cars. I remember being sandwiched and flung into the air once.

And I was driving between two other racers and hit the pole in the middle of the road and came to a complete halt. Good times.

LOL

That happened to me once.

You lost the game? That's a bummer....

I love all the Need for Speed games. I'm hopefully getting Underground 2 bundled in with a new PS2 since my one broke.

I have Underground on my PS2, Most Wanted on my Gamecube and 360 and Carbon on my, well, Gamecube, PS2, DS and PC.

I liked the series a lot when it was more like the Midnight Club games, and was in fact Underground was the first game I ever owned. The series just went stale after it went to being more like the Burnout games. I also think that pretty much all of the games have no replay value after finishing the main goal.

While the new Most Wanted is clearly like the Burnout series again, it does look promising and a bit more like the original Most Wanted, especially since it's in a new generation of the series.

I do have fond memories of playing Underground when I was just six years old, but to this date I still haven't finished it. Damn Four Play mission.

I saw an advert for Hot Pursuit.
Is the new one any good, or should I back down to the older version?

OT: I played underground 2 on my DS, damn, memories.
I couldn't beat that game for my life.

Xyresic said:
I saw an advert for Hot Pursuit.
Is the new one any good, or should I back down to the older version?
The newer Need for Speed games are really different than the older Need for Speed games. The newer ones are more like Burnout or Split Second, so it depends on what you want: traditional racing, or traditional racing + making everyone else crash.

Crackin355 said:
Isn't Most Wanted the new one? That one looked super fun multiplayer.
Depends on which one you're referring to. The newest one, by Criterion, is called Most Wanted, but there's there's another game also called Most Wanted, by EA. But yeah, the multiplayer is fun and very similar to the multiplayer in Burnout Paradise.

Back