More drawings.(Need animation advice, last post)

Quickie-la

Quickie-la the Shyguy
Edit for new drawings!
sGwcc.png

Re: Four months of improvement! A drawing comparison!

I've improved.

It still looks like glorified stick figures, but at least it doesn't look like Sonichu anymore.

Pokémon Trainer Toad85 said:
I've improved.

It still looks like glorified stick figures, but at least it doesn't look like Sonichu anymore.

haha, no worries.
Back in '04 when I first started going online, all of my "art" consisted of badly MS-painted recolors, and scraggly attempts. I think Mason has a lot of my 11-year-old stuff haha.
kuI0e.png
another I just completed

Every piece of art in this thread so far is a furry face looked at from the same angle. :yoshi: No offense.

nice improvements, but in the first post i could read the letters on the first bt not the second

THERAE

Dang, I wish I could draw like that...

Uniju said:
Every piece of art in this thread so far is a furry face looked at from the same angle. :yoshi: No offense.

Haha. I know. It's just two characters headshots. The first two were just a comparison of style over the past 4 months. Headshot freebies; pretty lazy stuff. I'm not really the best with bodily anatomy yet, especially when drawing with the mouse.
Warning: Mature/nudity/awkward alien body:
ezr6d.png

Zae was having some common Confuse-Ray related frustrations in Pokemon Black 2!
O4we5.png

And I continue drawing just-for-fun chibi things to people's fan characters. Should have made that white transparent, derp.
DpYVi.gif
giYJS.gif

Re: More drawings.

Dang...

:'( So it's hard to improve when you lack a tablet. I was trying to give my drawing below a blinking animation, but I was failing miserably. Hopefully I can nail it.
(Also, these are drawn in flash with the mouse, so pardon)
gGpoi.png

Not sure what you guys know about animation, but I need some advice.
XbBBs.png

Quickie-la said:
:'( So it's hard to improve when you lack a tablet. I was trying to give my drawing below a blinking animation, but I was failing miserably. Hopefully I can nail it.
When I use tablets, it ends up worse

Quickie-la said:
XbBBs.png

Right now, it looks like the top eyelid is just shifting downwards, but an eye (and the accompanying lid) is a three dimensional object. If you can, maybe you should try to indicate that by... uh... "morphing" the top line. Make it seem like it actually moves over the eyeball.

Right now, it is fixed curving like /"""\
when it's closed, maybe it should be very slightly curved like \___/

Also, I think the lower eyelid should actually move too, if only a little bit.

They aren't bad, they're AWESOME! That's why I said holy crap.

Roserade said:
They aren't bad, they're AWESOME! That's why I said holy crap.
I thought you meant her drawings were holy (perfect) crap (terrible)

so i thought you meant

perfectly terrible

Of course not! Those things ROCK!

Charmander said:
Quickie-la said:
XbBBs.png

Right now, it looks like the top eyelid is just shifting downwards, but an eye (and the accompanying lid) is a three dimensional object. If you can, maybe you should try to indicate that by... uh... "morphing" the top line. Make it seem like it actually moves over the eyeball.

Right now, it is fixed curving like /"""\
when it's closed, maybe it should be very slightly curved like \___/

Also, I think the lower eyelid should actually move too, if only a little bit.

Thank you very much! After reading what you said, I started looking at eye-blink animation frames and noticed the same. I really appreciate the advice. When I get the time, I'll be re-drawing the eyes and see if it works in that way.

A spinach monster?

Back