Collab: Updating subpage links

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bop1996

Power Star
Retired Wiki Staff
Since the vast majority of pages affected by MarioWiki:Subpages Policy haven't been changed to reflect said policy, there's been a recent flood of moves to the proper page titles. The main problem with that is that there's a lot of links to the redirect pages left lying around the wiki, and my auxiliary help for this purpose decided they didn't want to do it.

Basically, all you have to do is go to the move log, find a page that was moved, then go to special:whatlinkshere/[old page name] and update all the links. A few of these are linked with templates, which I plan to update when the moves are finished.

I'll help with this one. I've moved some pages previously, and I made sure to bypass the redirects. This policy makes a lot of sense and it may take a bit of work to update the subpage titles, but we need to be aware of this.

Alright, all the subpages I'm aware of have been moved, so now we can get to work on properly updating all these links.

This is probably a good place to start looking for the names of the redirect pages.

If you find any subpages that haven't been moved, please feel free to move them and update the links accordingly; I only went through Category:Games, so there may be other, harder-to-find subpages lying around somewhere.

yeah if you're going through those then it's probably a good idea to change those while you're at it

Yes, it should. Feel free to fix that and any minor errors I've made that you may happen to notice; I'm not likely to see them until I find the time to go through and update all the links and things like that.

For some strange reason, I can't find the Super Smash Bros. Brawl/Staff redirect at Master Hand. Is it just me or...?

It's just you.

Ah, thanks Bop. Also one more question, do redirects via an article talk page matter?

I'm planning on deleting all the subpage redirects once the redirect links are gone, so I'd say yes.

Okay then. I've seen a few on userpages to. I'll start tagging the unlinked redirects for deletion, and I'll start a list of userpage links that need changing.

Protected pages with /Staff redirects. These redirects can be deleted straight away after being bypassed.
I hope this helps. Other than the ones on this list, all the /Staff redirects have been bypassed and page titles italicized. My next focus is /Glitches. I'll make another list like this if necessary.

Don't worry about User pages: it's up to whoever owns them to update their own links, and same deal with comments.

If all that's left linking to an outdated redirect are userpages, talk pages and even proposal/whatever comments, the redirect can just be marked for deletion. All that really matters are mainspace (including files, galleries, templates and categories), policy stuff (MarioWiki and Help pages), and The 'Shroom.

Cool, that makes everything much easier.

All the subpage redirects that I'm aware of have been updated and deleted now. There may be others I haven't seen, so feel free to continue to work on those and mark the redirects for deletion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back