Digital Divas: The Vocaloid thread! :)

Soundless Voice

Star Spirit
Banned User
Here's the thread to talk about Vocaloid. Talk about OTPs, favorite characters, songs, etc.
Vocaloid Wikia
Vocaloid on Wikipedia
So, discuss.
*Note: If this belongs in a different board, feel free to move it.

Anyways, my favorite characters at the time have to be the twins. Rin and Len Kagamine.

I really need to listen to Spice by Kagamine Len. I've never got around to it.

Edit: Thanks to whoever moved this!

I like Miku.

that's all I got.

People say Miku gets too much attention and I'm like "Well she's the mascot! What do you expect?"

Nabber said:
I have no idea what Vocaloid is.
just now saw this.

In a sum

Vocaloid is a Japanese singing synthesizer that you hook up to a computer and you type the lyrics, melody, tempo and add music if you want. Then BOOM! A song.

Click the two links to learn more.

Nabber said:
but what does that have to do with these characters?
*facepalm*
The actual thing is their voices. The "Characters" are the "Singers" that the voice holds.
Take Miku for example, the program is her "Voice" that goes along with the character, so the program would be Miku's "Voice"

It's hard to explain.

Google is your friend.

Nabber said:
but what does that have to do with these characters?
When you make a song with Vocaloid, you choose which voice/character you want to sing the song.

As I have said before, I only really listen to Philsterman10's english covers.

Speaking of english covers, if anyone else likes the song Meltdown, you should listen to Amy Lee's english cover of it.

Sure the meaning of it isn't the best, but it is still really good. I can't believe she can hit those notes.

I think this probably belongs in the Entertainment and Media board since it's music.

i had an app where you typed stuff in andpeople said it, but you only got one voice for the "free" app and it was $15 for each additional voice

Lakituthequick said:
Just listened "Kokoro - Rin Kagamine".

Reaction:
ಥ_ಥ
I haven't heard that one. I'll listen to it in a few minutes.

Listen to Spice. It's really good.

Edit: Kokoro is too autotuney. Listen to another song because the other ones aren't as autotuney.

I know I'm double posting but here's a little something to get into the halloween spirit:

Pokémon Trainer Nate said:
Rin Kagamine said:
I know I'm double posting but here's a little something to get into the halloween spirit:
me no speak japanese
their songs are Japanese. There's translations at the bottom.

I don't know why I'm bumping this, but oh well.

So, Vocaloid 3 game out a little bit more than a while ago. Rin and Len only got appends. Motherfucking appends.

Appends are great and all, but the Power Appends are really hard to make sound good. Most of the covers I've heard make them sound like they're congested. The only one I like is Rin's Sweet append.

Crypton said they were making their regular V3 voicebank, along with an English voice bank. Well, stop wasting your time giving the other Vocaloids more stuff and give the Kagamines some credit, will ya?

Although judging by the wiki page I think Crypton is gonna butcher them completely, because they're already confirmed to be just "twins". Retarded. What if someone wanted to make an English version of Magnet or something?

Soundless Voice said:
What if someone wanted to make an English version of Magnet or something?
then they could just ignore any falsehoods of a canon and go for it

So I'm thinking of putting some money together and getting the Vocaloid program to do some music composition stuff with, mainly because I can't sing and don't really want to go hunting for musicians. From what I can gather, the program and voices are considered just regular instruments, as you can essentially use anything you make there in commercial/non-commercial products (assuming they don't infringe any other copyright laws, such as if you use somebody else's lyrics).

Really wish I'd been introduced to it back in high school when I was doing musical stuff and really needed a singer. *sigh*

Thinking I might try the open-source variation, Utau, first though, because free.

Deception said:
Soundless Voice said:
What if someone wanted to make an English version of Magnet or something?
then they could just ignore any falsehoods of a canon and go for it
Well, that's true, since they actually were originally supposed to be confirmed twins, but it changed, as I stated before. But it still makes me irritated.

fantanoice said:
So I'm thinking of putting some money together and getting the Vocaloid program to do some music composition stuff with, mainly because I can't sing and don't really want to go hunting for musicians. From what I can gather, the program and voices are considered just regular instruments, as you can essentially use anything you make there in commercial/non-commercial products (assuming they don't infringe any other copyright laws, such as if you use somebody else's lyrics).

Really wish I'd been introduced to it back in high school when I was doing musical stuff and really needed a singer. *sigh*

Thinking I might try the open-source variation, Utau, first though, because free.
Yeah, try UTAU first. I had UTAU before my computer died.

Just a fair warning though, DO NOT get the more popular Utauloids like Teto, Ritsu, Momo, etc. Also known as Vipperloids. They have what is called a VCV voicebank, which is extremely hard to use and work with.

I reccomend getting voicebanks that have both kana and romaji encoded in them. A REALLY good example is Utaune Nami. She was the voicebank I used the most, and is probably one of the highest quality UTAU that was not made in Japan.

Also, if you do get UTAU, let the UTAU Wiki be your guide. Seriously, it helps a lot with nearly everything you need to know, plus voicebank downloads.

By the way, the pink text are links. I like coloring my links.

so I just listened to some vocaloid songs for the first time

really liked them

Back