Forums Tech Geek Club - We give advice and fight bears on Tuesdays (read Rules)

What processor do you use?

• AMD FX Series

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • AMD A-Series

• AMD Phenom II Series

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • AMD Athlon II Series

• AMD Sempron Series

• Intel Celereon Series

• Intel Pentium Series

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Intel Core Series

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Intel Xeon Series

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Contra(dictory)

also I hang out here, I guess
So what is this thread for?
Advice! Come here if you need help with stuff or want to talk heavily techie business.

Consult the rules before posting.

RULES
  • Do not argue in this thread unless you have logic, specs and sources to back yourself up.
  • Think before you say something stupid.
  • Never give advice "get a Mac/PC/Android/iPhone/Windows Phone". We're here to help people save money and fix problems, not be elitist jackasses.
  • If you're going to use geekspeak when giving advice, at least try and explain what you're talking about to the person you're helping.
  • People who ask for advice- do what we fucking tell you to before asking anymore questions. We can't help you out if you don't listen to us. You can't pick and choose what instructions to follow when you're here for advice.
  • Unless you're asking for advice, don't post if you don't know what the fuck you're talking about. This means don't be an annoying fanboy and don't post any advice without sufficient technical knowledge and know-how to back it up.
  • When asked to shut the fuck up, please shut the fuck up.
  • Don't be an asshole like Tabuu is.
  • Don't call the people here for advice morons. Even if they are.
  • Try and have fun.

Re: MarioWiki Forums Tech Geek Club - We give advice and fight bears on Tuesdays

Tabuu what is the best anti-virus?

Re: MarioWiki Forums Tech Geek Club - We give advice and fight bears on Tuesdays

Paid or free?

I have an Intel Pentium processor and I think it's the first one cause there aren't any numbers after it. How many in the series have they made?
EDIT: Never mind, my computer was made in 2006 and the first one was made in 1993.
Another edit:It's Pentium D.
Is that old?

Meulin Leijon said:
Travis Touchdown said:
Paid or free?

both.
I'd say your best options are Avast, AVG and Bitdefender.
Malwarebytes is free and I'd advise you to use it.

Koopa Kid said:
I have an Intel Pentium processor and I think it's the first one cause there aren't any numbers after it. How many in the series have they made?
EDIT: Never mind, my computer was made in 2006 and the first one was made in 1993.
Another edit:It's Pentium D.
Is that old?
The Pentium D is an old processor, but it's a good one.

There's quite a bit of them, but I'm going to guess you have the Pentium D Dual-Core at 2.4 GHz?

I have intel[R] pentium[R] dual CPU E2140 @ 1.60GHz and 1,99 gb of RAM.

and this is a windows XP pc.

is this good?

It's not good for modern shit, but it's a decent XP rig.

Koopa Kid said:
I have Windows 7... Would it be better if I downgraded it?
Do you have problems with your PC?

I use a Pentium D on a Windows 7 rig with shitty integrated graphics and I'm doing fine.

It has a really slow start up and sometimes it can just randomly freeze up.
Edit: My processor is 2.99 GHz

If you just installed Windows XP, it shouldn't be that slow, but if you're running it for 5+ years, never re-installed it, got lots of Apps, music, documents, etc. installed/on your HDD, then slow shutdowns/starts simply happen.

Back