V2W: GCN Games (Champion: Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door)

Magikrazy

Donkey Kong
Now that Banjo has won the title of Best N64 game, it's time to decide the best GCN game.

Round 1 Line-up:
Super Smash Bros. Melee vs. Kirby Air Ride
Mario Party 6 vs. Pokémon Colosseum
Soulcaliber II vs. Pikmin
Resident Evil 4 vs. Mario Party 4
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker vs. Star Fox Adventures
Super Mario Sunshine vs. Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
Mario Party 5 vs. Sonic Adventure 2: Battle
Super Mario Strikers vs. Sonic Mega Collection
Mario Kart: Double Dash!! vs. Luigi's Mansion
Animal Crossing vs. Resident Evil Zero
Resident Evil vs. Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess vs. Metroid Prime vs. Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness

Round 2 Line-Up:
Metroid Prime vs. Sonic Adventure 2: Battle
Mario Party 4 vs. Pokémon Colosseum
Super Smash Bros. Melee vs. Soulcaliber II
Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door vs. Sonic Mega Collection
Mario Kart: Double Dash!! vs. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour vs. Animal Crossing
Round 3 Line-Up:
Animal Crossing vs. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
Super Smash Bros. Melee vs. Sonic Adventure 2: Battle
Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door vs. Pokémon Colosseum
Championship:
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker vs. Sonic Adventure 2: Battle vs. Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
Champion:
 

GutsehMan

Ladies and gentlemen, my name is Paul Heyman.
Re: V2W: GCN Games (starts tomorrow)

meanwhile in no nominations land

i mean don't get me wrong a majority of these are actually okay games

but i don't think you've ever had nominations for any of your v2w's

but i won't stop you
 

Magikrazy

Donkey Kong
Re: V2W: GCN Games (starts tomorrow)

Given I've only had 2 V2Ws, but yeah, I've always had my line-ups planned out.
 

Smasher

Smasher
Forum Moderator
Chat Operator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Re: V2W: GCN Games (starts tomorrow)

It would be a much better idea to let others nominate things next time.
 

Magikrazy

Donkey Kong
Re: V2W: GCN Games (starts tomorrow)

Smasher said:
It would be a much better idea to let others nominate things next time.
Well after this one, I'm thinking of waiting until after January 2013, and making a V2W of Famous People That Died in 2012, so I'll let people nominate for that.
 

SonicMario

Star Spirit
Re: V2W: GCN Games (starts tomorrow)

Magikrazy said:
Smasher said:
It would be a much better idea to let others nominate things next time.
Well after this one, I'm thinking of waiting until after January 2013, and making a V2W of Famous People That Died in 2012, so I'll let people nominate for that.
I really don't know if that's a good idea. I kinda feel like that's too soon territory. I know it's not in disrespect or making fun of them, in fact you're intending the opposite. But regardless an entire competition between those who have died not too long ago just doesn't seem right.
 

Magikrazy

Donkey Kong
Re: V2W: GCN Games (starts tomorrow)

Northern Verve said:
Magikrazy said:
Smasher said:
It would be a much better idea to let others nominate things next time.
Well after this one, I'm thinking of waiting until after January 2013, and making a V2W of Famous People That Died in 2012, so I'll let people nominate for that.
I really don't know if that's a good idea. I kinda feel like that's too soon territory. I know it's not in disrespect or making fun of them, in fact you're intending the opposite. But regardless an entire competition between those who have died not too long ago just doesn't seem right.
Maybe you're right. What else could I do, though?
 

Smasher

Smasher
Forum Moderator
Chat Operator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Re: V2W: GCN Games (starts tomorrow)

Northern Verve said:
I really don't know if that's a good idea. I kinda feel like that's too soon territory. I know it's not in disrespect or making fun of them, in fact you're intending the opposite. But regardless an entire competition between those who have died not too long ago just doesn't seem right.
Agreeing with this.
 

Yoshi K

Come with me if you want cookies
Re: V2W: GCN Games (starts tomorrow)

Smasher said:
Northern Verve said:
I really don't know if that's a good idea. I kinda feel like that's too soon territory. I know it's not in disrespect or making fun of them, in fact you're intending the opposite. But regardless an entire competition between those who have died not too long ago just doesn't seem right.
Agreeing with this.
Also Agreeing with this.
 

Time Turner

You are filled with determination. (R/GD/TT)
Re: V2W: GCN Games (starts tomorrow)

Yoshi K said:
Smasher said:
Northern Verve said:
I really don't know if that's a good idea. I kinda feel like that's too soon territory. I know it's not in disrespect or making fun of them, in fact you're intending the opposite. But regardless an entire competition between those who have died not too long ago just doesn't seem right.
Agreeing with this.
Also Agreeing with this.
Also also agreeing with this.
 

Nabber

Artisanal Cheese Taster
Re: V2W: GCN Games (starts tomorrow)

GreenDisaster said:
Yoshi K said:
Smasher said:
Northern Verve said:
I really don't know if that's a good idea. I kinda feel like that's too soon territory. I know it's not in disrespect or making fun of them, in fact you're intending the opposite. But regardless an entire competition between those who have died not too long ago just doesn't seem right.
Agreeing with this.
Also Agreeing with this.
Also also agreeing with this.
That.
 

Magikrazy

Donkey Kong
Re: V2W: GCN Games (starts tomorrow)

Nabber said:
GreenDisaster said:
Yoshi K said:
Smasher said:
Northern Verve said:
I really don't know if that's a good idea. I kinda feel like that's too soon territory. I know it's not in disrespect or making fun of them, in fact you're intending the opposite. But regardless an entire competition between those who have died not too long ago just doesn't seem right.
Agreeing with this.
Also Agreeing with this.
Also also agreeing with this.
That.
OK! I get it! It was a bad idea!

Anyway, time to start.
 

Smasher

Smasher
Forum Moderator
Chat Operator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Re: V2W: GCN Games (Round 1: Super Smash Bros. Melee vs. Kirby Air Ride)

Super Smash Bros. Melee: 1
Kirby Air Ride: 0

Damn, you started with a pretty hard one.
 

Red Barchetta

Talk less, smile more.
Re: V2W: GCN Games (Round 1: Super Smash Bros. Melee vs. Kirby Air Ride)

Super Smash Bros. Melee: 2
Kirby Air Ride: 0

Hate this match. :(
 

Time Turner

You are filled with determination. (R/GD/TT)
Re: V2W: GCN Games (Round 1: Super Smash Bros. Melee vs. Kirby Air Ride)

Super Smash Bros. Melee: 2
Kirby Air Ride: 1

How dare you make me choose.
 

SonicMario

Star Spirit
Re: V2W: GCN Games (Round 1: Super Smash Bros. Melee vs. Kirby Air Ride)

Super Smash Bros. Melee: 3
Kirby Air Ride: 1

Sorry Air Ride, you were fun but not on the level of Melee
 

Snowstalker

Snowstalker
Re: V2W: GCN Games (Round 1: Super Smash Bros. Melee vs. Kirby Air Ride)

Super Smash Bros. Melee: 4
Kirby Air Ride: 1
 

Yoshi K

Come with me if you want cookies
Re: V2W: GCN Games (Round 1: Super Smash Bros. Melee vs. Kirby Air Ride)

Super Smash Bros. Melee: 5
Kirby Air Ride: 1
 

Cirdec

Celestial Guide
Re: V2W: GCN Games (Round 1: Super Smash Bros. Melee vs. Kirby Air Ride)

Super Smash Bros. Melee: 6
Kirby Air Ride: 1
 

yoshidude99

Yoshidude is here
Re: V2W: GCN Games (Round 1: Super Smash Bros. Melee vs. Kirby Air Ride)

I'm so glad Thousand Year Door is in this one

Super Smash Bros. Melee: 7
Kirby Air Ride: 1
 

Magikrazy

Donkey Kong
Re: V2W: GCN Games (Round 1:Mario Party 6 vs. Pokémon Colosseum)

I'm glad you're glad.

And next up, a Mario Party game vs. a Pokemon game.
 

Smasher

Smasher
Forum Moderator
Chat Operator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Re: V2W: GCN Games (Round 1:Mario Party 6 vs. Pokémon Colosseum)

Mario Party 6: 0
Pokémon Colosseum: 1
 

Yoshi K

Come with me if you want cookies
Re: V2W: GCN Games (Round 1:Mario Party 6 vs. Pokémon Colosseum)

Mario Party 6: 0
Pokémon Colosseum: 3
 
Top