Your thoughts on the GameFAQs message boards?

Cheeze

Blooper
First off, for those who don't know, I'm new here. I'm a guy that loves the Mario franchise and I found this place via Super Mario Wiki. I'm so glad I found this place. I just wanted to get that out of the way, so please go easy on me. ;)

Now to the main point of this topic: GameFAQs message boards. I've been a member of that place for about three years now and as much as I can't stand their message boards, I keep going to them. I love sharing my thoughts on games and other misc. topics, but too many people there have to ruin the experience. These people have gotten me to say things out of my character to the point of having a couple of banned accounts. :-[

What do you guys think of GameFAQs? I can't stand it, but I keep going there for some reason.

If they're the problem, then why are you banned?

Seems fishy to me. Like what Baby Time said when he joined the Mario Party Forum.

Toad85 said:
If they're the problem, then why are you banned?

Seems fishy to me. Like what Baby Time said when he joined the Mario Party Forum.

Trolls are always running around GameFAQs. I don't consider myself one, but those same trolls push me to the point of lashing out at them. I kind of have a short temper, but when you're constantly being bullied by other users, then you just can't resist the urge to attack back. That's the case with me on GameFAQs.

I'm not a bad person, I'm not. However, I tend to misinterpret things people say on the internet more than I do outside of it. Those moments where I tried to defend myself from the trolls resulted in me getting banned twice. I do belong to other sites, but I don't lash out in anger at those places because the people there are better behaved than on GameFAQs, which I'm thankful for. Judging by what I've seen in my five days of being here, everyone here seems to be well-behaved too.

I hope this clears up any confusion. Please understand that I'm a good guy. It's just that GameFAQs is an unhealthy place. I plan on reducing my visits there once a contest I'm running on one of their boards is over.

Back