Nintendo Power to cease publication

Rad Dudesman

King Bowser
http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2012/08/source-nintendo-power-magazine-to-cease-publication/

Nintendo Power senior editor Chris Hoffman seemed to confirm our source's information on Twitter, saying that he was "sad to see it go" and that the editorial team would "try to make the last issues memorable." Nintendo Power writer Phil Theobald, meanwhile, promised on Twitter that they had "something pretty sweet planned for the final issue." [Further update: It seems the tweets in question have been deleted after publication.]

We may not need Nintendo Power anymore thanks to the internet, but I'm still sad to see it go. I really enjoyed the magazines as a kid.

Dang, that's a real shame. I loved and still do love Nintendo Power... I look forward to the final issue and what they have for it.

ESUSwrMXPk6lYFR-UcUyDw2.gif

I feel like the guy on the right right now.

DON'T YOU TELL ME WHAT TO FEEL SHOEY

Viridian said:
DON'T YOU TELL ME WHAT TO FEEL SHOEY
You are suffering from emotional pain (granted it's a ridiculous pain since Nintendo Power isn't even that good) that man is (or was) suffering from physical pain they are two separate things.

Smugleaf said:
Nintendo Power might not have been good, but...

That nostalgia, man.
"Nostalgia is a seductive liar"
George Ball American Diplomat

I used to love Nintendo Power and still subscribe to it. While it's definitely not as good as it used to be, it's sad to see it go.

WARNING: LOTS OF SWEARING

It's a shame to see it being canceled. I've had them for quite some time.

Urgh, that seriously blows; I used to love Nintendo Power, and loved it ever since when the folks at Nintendo of America were at the helm of it. Really sad to see this staple go.

A few months ago, I cancelled my paid Gameinformer subscription (I still get it anyway for free via Gamestop) in order to switch to Nintendo Power.

I was planning on signing up in September.

FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU.....

Marshal Dan Troop said:
Seems like a smart move on Nintendo's part

nintendo doesn't publish nintendo power

My subscription just expired, and then this happens. I still can't believe it.

I'm going to renew it anyway so I can get the last 4 issues.

Back