Banned User
So I'm trying to go online to add some people and I get this error code:
Error Code said:
Error Code 001-0803
Unable to connect to server.
Please try again later.

For help, visit support.nintendo.com.

I have the access point in range!

I dunno if it's because it's apartment Wifi in a seperate building or what?

I wouldn't recommend using other people's WiFi.

Nabber said:
I wouldn't recommend using other people's WiFi.
It's apartment wifi.

I shared it with my neighbors before we move but ok.

I did it 3 times yesterday and twice today.

Everything else is working fine.

Lakituthequick said:
Can you define "everything else"? Browser? Letterbox? Viewing friendlist?
iPhones work, computer works, Swapnote works, viewing friend list works, Wii wifi works. I just can't get online!

you should've just used nintendo.com for this one

let me quote it

from nintendo.com said:
Error Code: 0010803
Was this information helpful?
The Nintendo 3DS is unable to connect to an Access Point. What to do will depend on where you are connecting from:

Wireless home network
Hotspot

Connecting from a wireless home network:
Make sure that the Nintendo 3DS system is within 30 feet of the wireless access point and facing in its general direction.

Make sure that any other interfering devices, such as microwaves and cordless phones, are turned off.

Connecting from a Hotspot
Ensure the Hotspot location does not require an internet browser to setup an account, accept a use agreement, or enter a password before accessing their Wi-Fi serice. If the location requires any of these items, you will not be able to connect to the internet with your Nintendo 3DS system.

Make sure that the Nintendo 3DS system is within 30 feet of the wireless access point and facing in its general direction. Signal strength can vary, depending on where the access point's signal is coming from. (Please do not sit or stand in places that will interfere with the location's customers or staff.)

Orient the Nintendo 3DS so that your body or other objects (such as walls, plants, furniture, and other people) are not blocking the signal. Also, make sure there is no interference from wireless phones (cell phones are okay).

If the connection continues to fail, this Hotspot may have their router set up in a manner that is not compatible with the system. We recommend trying a different location.

Queen Boo said:
Lakituthequick said:
Can you define "everything else"? Browser? Letterbox? Viewing friendlist?
iPhones work, computer works, Swapnote works, viewing friend list works, Wii wifi works. I just can't get online!
Then I have no clue, sorry.

Yes.

And I forgot to mention it shows 2 bars of internet.

Only 2 bars?
Get closer to that Access Point!

At my previous home, my 3DS showed a full "Internet" Bar, but it was still far from good.
Moving closer to the Access Point worked for me.

Is there a router that you can unplug? Try doing that and then plugging it back in.

MKGirlism said:
Only 2 bars?
Get closer to that Access Point!

At my previous home, my 3DS showed a full "Internet" Bar, but it was still far from good.
Moving closer to the Access Point worked for me.
2/3
Byakuya Togami said:
Is there a router that you can unplug? Try doing that and then plugging it back in.
Like I said, it's apartment shared internet.

Swapnote Spotpass works though.

But adding Friends and setting Letters isn't as heavy as playing Online, that's why these work.

Back