DC Animated Universe

GalacticPetey

Donkey Kong
Has anyone watched the series of shows that include: Batman: The Animated Series, Superman: The Animated Series, Justice League, Justice League Unlimited, Static Shock, and Batman Beyond. I watched most of it, but not Static Shock or Batman Beyond. Pretty good stuff.

I haven't seen a majority of episodes of most DCAU shows. But what I have seen is pretty great. I know the Batman one in the 90s is still considered one of if not the best Superhero animated show in history. And I enjoyed what I've seen from Justice League Unlimited. (The opening theme to that show is awesome. Though in general DCAU shows seem to always have great opening themes).

I've only seen Batman: The Animated Series and Batmany Beyond. I've never heard of Static Shock, though.

Titans isn't DCAU.

I'm expecting to get the first two seasons of Batman for my birthday today.

So the first season arrived. I've watched the first four episodes, and I stand by my statement that Conroy and Hamill are the best Batman and Joker, respectively.

SiFi said:
So the first season arrived. I've watched the first four episodes, and I stand by my statement that Conroy and Hamill are the best Batman and Joker, respectively.
Heath Ledger would like to have a word with you.

But seriously, I love Mark as the Joker, but Ledger is just a little bit better.

Both Hamill and Nicholson manage to perfectly combine hilarious and terrifying. Ledger just doesn't have enough of the former. He might as well have just been Zsasz.

I will say that the ideal Joker would have:

The humor of the Hamill Joker
The creepiness of the Nicholson Joker
The scariness of the Ledger Joker

Seen it all, its pretty impressive, not quite good as the comics and a bit eh sometimes. Overall though, its enjoyable.

It appears that Justice League Unlimited will be airing on Vortex (replacing the CW4Kids Toonzai), starting this upcoming Saturday on the CW network.

I've seen every DCAU cartoon except Zeta Project and Static Shock (but I watched those two on Saturday mornings as a kid.)

Oh, and during my DCAU-fest last year, I did see every Static Shock crossover episode (the ones involving Superman, Batman, and Green Lantern.) I still would like to watch Zeta Project.

(My DCAU-fest was: Batman the Animated Series, Superman the Animated Series, The New Batman Adventures, Justice League, Batman Beyond, and Justice League Unlimited. I also watched Mask of the Phantasm, SubZero, Mystery of the Batwoman, and Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker. And the few Static Shock episodes if those count.)

Mason said:
(My DCAU-fest was: Batman the Animated Series, Superman the Animated Series, The New Batman Adventures, Justice League, Batman Beyond, and Justice League Unlimited. I also watched Mask of the Phantasm, SubZero, Mystery of the Batwoman, and Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker. And the few Static Shock episodes if those count.)

It was basically like this for me, though without Superman.

Back