Does anyone know what's wrong with my brothers game?

GalacticPetey

Donkey Kong
Okay. My brother owns Pokemon HeartGold and Platinum. But helost Platinum. But after months, we finally found it. So, he wanted to play it. He soon decided to trade several pokemon from his Platinum into his HeartGold. So he did. He did a lot of breeding with those pokemon. Anyway, when he went to battle the Elite Four, the game froze. Hu shrugged it off because his game had frozen before (he uses AR). Later, when he tried to save, the game had an error. When he restarted his DS, it said the save data could not be accesed. I took out the game and blew into the cartridge. After that, the game worked fine for hours. Then, he began hatching Aron and Corphish eggs. He then hatched a Gible. After that, he saved. He went to go battle Brock at the dojo. After knocking out one of Brock's pokemon, the game went white and he was returned to the intro screen. When he went back to his game, he still had the Aron and Corphish eggs, even though he saved long after that.

I have two ideas

a. when he traded over the hacked pokemon from Platinum, they corrupted his game.

b. he has been leaving his DS out in the hot car quite a bit. Maybe that messed up his game.

The temperature probably wouldn't affect the game as much as hacking. Did he use AR a lot with Platinum or HeartGold? That could be why.

It depends on where that Cartridge was found.
If it was outside, then it's quite obviously, that it became wet by rain, or something like that.
Finding it in a couch could damage the Cartridge as well, by possible dust, or cookie crumbs.

Also, what AR Codes did he exactly use?

We found his Platinum behind his bed.

I'm not sure what the exact codes he used were, but I think it was 900 of every medicine, berry, pokeball, and 99 of evry TM. he might have used the capture other people's pokemon and always catching a pokemon codes. But I don't know how all of this effects his HeartGold.

It sounds like ARDS is not the problem.

Aron and Corphish eggs?

Why do I want to know what Pokemon you breed to get those eggs?

:-[

ARDSi = ARDS + DSi Compatibility.

It should probably be dust, or cookie crumbles, wetness, or something like that.
After all, you couldn't find it for months, the Cartridge basically got fucked.

But the thing is, his Platinum works just find. It's his HeartGold that's fucked, but he hasn't lost that.

That explains some Mind Fuck caused in this Thread.
I'd like you to re-explain the situation about Heart Gold, but not what happens with the Cartridge, but what happened beforehand.

My brother's HeartGold was working just fine until he traded pokemon from his long last Platinum into it. It caused him to have trouble saving and it made the game go white and return to the intro.

Very interesting.
That should normally not cause any troubles.

Maybe it's because some of the Pokemon transferred from Platinum were obtained through cheats, and maybe those cheats have different coding in HeartGold, so maybe the conflicting codes are what's causing the trouble.

just a guess

That can't be a problem, as Gen IV is compatible with each other.

Mariomario64, really, code is the same, Heart Gold just added some since Platinum.

MKGirlism said:
It should probably be dust, or cookie crumbles, wetness, or something like that.
After all, you couldn't find it for months, the Cartridge basically got fucked.

I remember I once kept my N64 plus all the games in a room full of dust, without any sort of protection, for several months. Might even have been several years. I had to scrape layers of dust off them when I retrieved them. And they all worked just fine afterwards.

Nintendo made their cartridges to be surprisingly resilient.

My money is on the AR abuse. Screwing with in-game parameters without any deeper knowledge of how they are interwoven can mess up a game pretty badly. Especially if it is one that lets you try to find your own cheats. I remember I once used "catch trainer pokemon" and "instantly reach lv100" cheats on my copy of Silver, and it corrupted the file permanently.

There is a reason why your warranty becomes null as soon as you tamper with your game like that.

That's why I said it can't be the ARDSi, according to the codes used.
These codes are save to use, but indeed, codes lake catching Pokémon from other Trainers can do really spacey stuff with Pokémon games, but it doesn't apply to the "All Items 995 times" codes.

Codes like 999 of all items don't do anything to mess up your game. I used that same exact code on my Diamond 3 years ago and it still works like a charm.

If anything, it's the catching other trainer's pokemon code that messed up the game. There's a reason I avoid codes like that.

MKGirlism said:
That's why I said it can't be the ARDSi, according to the codes used.
These codes are save to use, but indeed, codes lake catching Pokémon from other Trainers can do really spacey stuff with Pokémon games, but it doesn't apply to the "All Items 995 times" codes.

You are really quick to come to an absolute conclusion like that, though. Consider the information we were given:

I'm not sure what the exact codes he used were (...)

He does not know which codes were used. He is only guessing that. So really, his brother could have used whatever codes on his game, and later simply forgot to mention them because they seemed unnotable. If I were to use a random code, and it doesn't appear to do anything (apart from possibly breaking the game beyond the realm of what is visible), I would forget about it as well.

So really, you can't logically make a broad statement like "it can't be the ARDSi" in that light. It is highly inconclusive.

Back