Cartoon Network 20th Anniversary

Smashgoom202

Dry Bowser
Retired Wiki Staff
Come this October 1st, Cartoon Network will officially be 20 years old!

Not a single CN Real showin sight, thank God...

God bless Ted Turner for starting this network...

Thanks for reminding me that I'm old (defined here as being able to remember CN when it was filled with the stuff in the above video that's now mostly on Boomerang).

I loved Cartoon Network. There are still a few shows it airs that I like, but a lot of it is just "Meh" to me.

Hey, anyone remember Toon City?

I would have loved to see this stick around longer, maybe reach the point where the characters from Chowder, The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack, Adventure Time, and ESPECIALLY Regular Show and The Amazing World of Gumball (in Gumball, they're already pretty much in the same basic setting) could interact with everyone else!

..Speaking of which, I also came across this:

It's like Cartoon Network is TRYING to get back on track, and they're almost there...

I loved Toon City.

Also, I'll most likely start a V2W: Cartoon Network Shows really soon because of this.

Pyro said:
I loved Toon City.

Also, I'll most likely start a V2W: Cartoon Network Shows really soon because of this.
PM me when you do, I'd love to participate in that!

YoshiGo99 said:
Toon City! I loved that.
Lucky Latin America had the city stick around longer (in fact, they just recently got the Nood era).

Also, lucky Latin America gets a channel called Tooncast, which is basically '90s Cartoon Network, with shows, bumpers, and everything.

Magikrazy said:
YoshiGo99 said:
Toon City! I loved that.
Lucky Latin America had the city stick around longer (in fact, they just recently got the Nood era).

Also, lucky Latin America gets a channel called Tooncast, which is basically '90s Cartoon Network, with shows, bumpers, and everything.
I can confirm this.

Magikrazy said:
FireKirby said:
Magikrazy said:
Do you get Tooncast?
DUH!
Ok, because I was thought maybe there are some TV companies that don't give sister channels, like Boomerang and Nick 2 and stuff.
there's no Nick 2 here, there's nick Jr tho and Boomerang but they suck.

and Discovery Kids has only one interesting thing for me.... ponies.

animax was replaced by a boring piece of shit called Sony Spin and took away all of the anime.

Today' is (or rather was...) the day! And to celebrate, Cartoon Network uploaded this video to their YouTube channel (sorry if it's region locked for some of you):

Was Samurai Jack ever finished? I don't remember.

Byakuya Togami said:
Was Samurai Jack ever finished? I don't remember.
No, although Genndy Tartakovsky has been trying to get a big-time movie finale off the ground for a while. I heard that if Hotel Transylvania does well enough, he'll have the money, and more importantly, more interest from people willing to support the project to hopefully make it.

Truthfully, I'm pretty sure that Cartoon Network has only been in the UK for 18 or less years.
Brillant channel, mind.

Happy birthday, CN!

I have all of the notable Cartoon Network shows in a Word file and will post V2W: Cartoon Network Shows tomorrow! I would post it today, but I have a lot of things to do, and can only be on the computer for so long.

Pyro said:
Happy birthday, CN!

I have all of the notable Cartoon Network shows in a Word file and will post V2W: Cartoon Network Shows tomorrow! I would post it today, but I have a lot of things to do, and can only be on the computer for so long.
Awesome! ;D

Surprise, surprise, another video commemorating the 20th anniversary! Man, this brings back memories of Cartoon City, only with NEWER characters in the mix! Again, it's on Cartoon Network's official YouTube channel, so sorry if it's region locked:

Back