Hey I just came up with the best idea ever

KoopaTroopa

bone pun
What about a SMW Minecraft server? I think it would be an awesome idea.

Would be fun, but I can't log in on "non-cracked" servers.

So your telling me you bought a... cracked version of Minecraft? Wow, that is pure evil

Users among the community have hosted Minecraft servers many-a times before but it's true that there's never been an official server. Or any server dedicated and well-maintaned enough to consider making it be the official one. There hasn't been a whole lot of activity as far as Minecraft goes lately(atleast among the little corner of the community I've been playing with since whenever, you might find other people are still at it) but I reckon once 1.3 finally hits there'll be a renewed interest. So, maybe then. But now, I can't really see it taking off.

Probably wouldn't last very long even if it got put up for 1.3, either. For most people, Minecraft gets boring pretty quick. So just having whoever host for a week probably works better in the long run.

I haven't played Minecraft in a long while because I've had other games I'd rather play. I've found I tend to waste a lot of time in Minecraft once I start playing, and it's uhh... kind of bad for me

Now that I'm away from my friends who are obsessed with Minecraft and put it on a high pedestal or something I haven't been playing much Minecraft.

I'm not sure how I feel about a server, though. I've never been one for multiplayer but if we do get a SMW server, I'll come on from time to time.

Is it going to be a bukkit server? (I don't know if plugins are officially supported now)

Uniju said:
Users among the community have hosted Minecraft servers many-a times before but it's true that there's never been an official server. Or any server dedicated and well-maintaned enough to consider making it be the official one. There hasn't been a whole lot of activity as far as Minecraft goes lately(atleast among the little corner of the community I've been playing with since whenever, you might find other people are still at it) but I reckon once 1.3 finally hits there'll be a renewed interest. So, maybe then. But now, I can't really see it taking off.

Probably wouldn't last very long even if it got put up for 1.3, either. For most people, Minecraft gets boring pretty quick. So just having whoever host for a week probably works better in the long run.
Yeah, this. I am one of the people who gets bored of Minecraft really quick now, even though it used to be all we played for awhile.

I have the right Servers for this, so I can theoretically set up a Minecraft Server, but the problems is, I don't really understand the goal of Minecraft, so being an Admin on a game I'm not familiar with, yeah, that doesn't really make sense.

...Right, study time!

MKGirlism said:
>implying there's a goal to minecraft
Regthreeds.png

you mine shit, use that shit to build stuff, farm crap to make sure you don't die from starvation, repeat cycle, and that's basically it

Aka, not worth to set up an own Server then?

depends on if you like legos or not

but if you don't like legos, then you and I have nothing left to say to each other, you heathen

And "heathen" is yet another Aussie slang I don't know about?

it's a general English term for anyone adhering to a religion deemed pagan, which these days can be used jokingly to derogatorily refer to someone not adhering to a belief or interest the person using the word has

There is technically a way to "win" Minecraft, but since it involves going into a dimension full of Endermen (the worst possible thing!), I use the term "win" very loosely here.

Kyouko Kirigiri said:
Endermen (the worst possible thing!)
Go to the nether, hater.

I was there last week, building some bridges. Nice weather.

Back