Half-Life/Half-Life 2 discussion thread

MCS

Donkey Kong
I'm surprised there isn't a thread for the Half-Life series yet. I've been playing Half-Life 1 online a lot, it's really awesome and fun (I've also been doing the main story here and there). Half-Life 2 worked the first day I got it but hasn't worked since. I've been living off of Half-Life 1 for that matter.

half life keeps deleting my save files

it's tragic

HL2 is awesome.

I'm stuck though because every time I try passing this one point in the Water Hazard chapter it crashes aaaa

Makoto Naegi said:
half life keeps deleting my save files

it's tragic

seriously?

or are you just joking

Mariomario64 said:
HL2 is awesome.

I'm stuck though because every time I try passing this one point in the Water Hazard chapter it crashes aaaa

Silly HL2 and its' habits of crashing

so have you guys heard about that third half life coming out in a couple decades

Man, this game is awesome. I used to play it alot as a kid.

I love going to crossfire, to pwn my sister with the button on that base that causes a huge explosion.

Sayaka Maizono said:
i have found 44/45 lambda caches in hl2 and i have no idea where the last one is

How do you make those work.

Sometimes I walk up to one and see I got no progress on the achievement at all when I know its one I haven't found before.

so I played Half-Life online yesterday on this random server

there were a bunch of old guys on it

it was awkward

Paper Jorge said:
so have you guys heard about that third half life coming out in a couple decades

Valve making threequels?

PREPOSTEROUS

IceShadow1195 said:

I love going to crossfire, to pwn my sister with the button on that base that causes a huge explosion.

Crossfire is also in TFC and TF2, and it's really fun.

Yay! Thanks for the advice, Jorge. You're a great friend.

Paper Jorge said:
^ it's free, and you don't even need that good of a computer to run it.

actually, you do, because if you don't have a decent enough processor or graphics card it either won't run at all or lag like hell on all maps except crossfire, because although it runs on the same engine as Half-Life 2 it adds extra effects to make it look cartoony. and mind the file size

GreenDisaster said:
MCS said:
Paper Jorge said:

Valve making threequels?

PREPOSTEROUS
Indeed.
Valve+can+t+count+to+3_1006ba_2148029.jpg

I didn't even know there was a Dota 1.

counter-strike shouldnt be on there though

theres about seven games in the series and they dont go by numbers

MCS said:
actually, you do, because if you don't have a decent enough processor or graphics card it either won't run at all or lag like hell on all maps except crossfire, because although it runs on the same engine as Half-Life 2 it adds extra effects to make it look cartoony. and mind the file size

well going from my experience, I could run it on my dads horrible $400 computer (intel core 2 duo) with settings turned down. yeah it looks like shit but its still playable. unless youre stuck in the XP era of computers, most low class comps can run it

GreenDisaster said:

Oh, it was called Defense of the Ancients, not just Dota. That's why I didn't know about it.

Paper Jorge said:
well going from my experience, I could run it on my dads horrible $400 computer (intel core 2 duo) with settings turned down. yeah it looks like shit but its still playable. unless youre stuck in the XP era of computers, most low class comps can run it

I turned down settings on my laptop and I still lagged. so like I said, it's all about the processor and the graphics card

but yeah, Windows XP is shit, I really need to upgrade sometime

Paper Jorge said:
>laptop
>gaming

well theres the first problem...

well Packy runs TF2 perfect on his laptop, and so does MM64 on his MacBook, so I don't see what the problem is

technically my laptop's my only resort since my desktop has a shitty graphics card. we're looking to replace it tho

I can run Half-Life 1 perfect on my desktop though, probably because it's an older game

Paper Jorge said:
counter-strike shouldnt be on there though

theres about seven games in the series and they dont go by numbers
There's only two, Counter-Strike and Counter-Strike: Condition Zero. Unless you were to count Counter-Strike: Source, which really isn't a separate game from the first one, Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, which hasn't come out yet, Counter-Strike Neo, which was an arcade game published by Namco, and Counter-Strike Online, which is technically the third game, but is still a spin-off.

well you kinda contradicted yourself because the picture has source in it not condition zero

either way itd be rude to consider condition zero a sequel and not the others

Paper Jorge said:
well you kinda contradicted yourself because the picture has source in it not condition zero
Well shit.

Paper Jorge said:
either way itd be rude to consider condition zero a sequel and not the others
Source is more of a remake than a sequal, and Neo wasn't even published by Valve, but Global Offensive and Online could be considered part of the series.

So Half-Life 2 actually worked this whole time, I just never had the patience to wait for the black screen on the loading screen to disappear. I've been playing it lately.

MCS said:
IceShadow1195 said:

Crossfire is also in TFC and TF2, and it's really fun.
IceShadow1195 said:
IT WAS????? Now I'm tempted to get TF2.

It's not actually in TF2, but our server has a fan-made remake of it for whenever we don't have enough players to go somewhere (which is 90% of the time)

Back