FE8 - Promotions?

Dr. Javelin

Nathan Latsk
There are a couple of people who would be good as either character so I'm seeking advice on which would be the best. I'm at Chapter 13 which is basically the point where my entire team is approaching level 20.

Marisa => Assassin or Swordmaster
Franz => Great Knight or Paladin
Artur => Sage or Bishop
Natasha => Bishop or Valkyrie

Some promotions I intend to do but haven't yet:
Gilliam => General
Kyle => Great Knight
Cormag => Wyvern Lord
Vanessa => Falcoknight (triangle attack ftw)
Tana => Wyvern Knight
Neimi => Ranger
Lute => Sage
Amelia (Knight) => General
Ross (Fighter) => Warrior

Jack Noir said:
Marisa => Swordmaster
Franz => Paladin

Artur => Sage or Bishop?
Natasha => Bishop
Gilliam => General
Kyle => Great Knight
Cormag => Wyvern Lord

Vanessa => Falcoknight (triangle attack ftw)
Tana => Wyvern Knight
Neimi => Ranger
Lute => Sage

Amelia (Knight) => General
Ross (Fighter) => Warrior
I decided on Swordmaster Marisa, Paladin Franz, and Bishop Natasha. And I haven't been disappointed.

Other promotions I'm planning on:
Gerik => Hero
Knoll => Summoner
Ewan (Shaman) => Druid
L'Arachel => Valkyrie or Mage Knight?
Colm the thief guy => Assassin

Natasha is actually my best character at the moment. ^_^

Ross is much better as a Berserker. Just saying.

To the choices you're considering, Gerik is definitely best as Hero. Don't promote Knoll to Summoner - Knoll will go to complete waste post-game AND the summoner class is one of the worst in the game, so promote him to Druid instead. Ewan's up to you - he's good as all classes, but Sage and Druid are best. Go with Valkyrie for L'Arachel. And thief guy's up to you too, but he's not really the fighting type so I'd go with Rogue instead... your choice, though.

Red Barchetta said:
Ross is much better as a Berserker. Just saying.
I personally decided that bows > +15 critical, but they're both good. Really it's just because I've used Ross as a Berserker before.
Red Barchetta said:
Don't promote Knoll to Summoner - Knoll will go to complete waste post-game AND the summoner class is one of the worst in the game, so promote him to Druid instead.
I just figured I should go with Summoner because
1. He'd be my only Summoner and
2. I was planning on making Ewan a Druid, so really I don't need two Druids, especially since Ewan will far outshine Knoll
Red Barchetta said:
Go with Valkyrie for L'Arachel.
I was actually leaning towards Mage Knight because of how imbalanced my team is towards Light magicians - Natasha, Artur, and Moulder are all primarily Light users, with only Lute as mainly Anima.
Red Barchetta said:
And thief guy's up to you too, but he's not really the fighting type so I'd go with Rogue instead... your choice, though.
I gave him Metis's Tome (since he was my lowest level person), and having two Rogues is kinda pointless since the only reason to use them is to steal stuff and pick locks.

Oh and he's actually not that bad, he's like a slightly weaker Joshua.

Back