Artemis Fowl

The bodyguards were fun in The Eternity Code because of their stupidity. Deep-frying sushi and Barney the Dinosaur obssession ;D

Jack Noir said:
And the troll duel scene from the original is still one of the all-time best duels in fiction.
What do you think that first fight scene in TT got its influences from?

I also didn't really like Minerva. Her character was made just for Artemis, and I just don't find that all that appealing.

The lowest moment in the series, to me, was the Atlantis Complex- everything just seemed all rushed and it lacked that usual Colfer charm- which was justified, because Colfer was halfway through writing the original version when some guy looked at the name and drew a cover with no information from Colfer himself, which made him have to rewrite the entire book under a deadline.

it did still have a bunch of cool moments though

i thought that the Time Paradox was the worst book actually, because lo and behold opal appears yet again and messes stuff up

Jack Noir said:
it did still have a bunch of cool moments though

i thought that the Time Paradox was the worst book actually, because lo and behold opal appears yet again and messes stuff up
Time Paradox was fucking sweet...
until Opal showed up.

GUYS GUYS YOU GOT IT ALL WRONG

Orion is best character.
Except for of course Opal, Foaly, and Artemis.

Maybe a few other characters too.

...okay who am I kidding I love almost every character in this series.

I love Artemis Fowl I have read all of the books and I have one of them signed by Eion Colfer himself. I liked Mulch a lot.

I'll be honest, the last one wasn't too great. Don't get me wrong, I still loved it, but there was a lot wrong.

First of all, too many characters. I love Beckett and Myles, but do we have to sacrifice so much of Foaly and Mulch for them? Not to mention that character development was little, and there didn't seem to be nearly as many one-liners.

That said, Colfer did make some impressive decisions for this book, like killing Artemis at the end. Wow. I'll be honest, I didn't see it coming. But the end felt kinda anticlimactic... I just didn't feel like Opal was the threat she use to be. Artemis wasn't really under a lot of pressure. Speaking of Fowl, whatever happened to his personality? Now he's goody-two-shoes, and doesn't seem half as smart or arrogant. I miss that guy. Not to mention that they didn't have the Atlantis Complex in this book - I thought that was a huge missed oppurtunity. Speaking of that, normally the odd numbered books were used as transitions to the next book, but there wasn't anything in this adventure from the last book. Neither were there any mysteries revealed about the characters. Kinda sad about that. But it was still a good read.

Oh yeah, I wish they didn't put as much Fowl Manor in here.

EDIT: also, am I the only one who actually LIKES Opal?

Nabber said:
She's alright by herself, but when she keeps forcing her way into other books it's really irritating. Just like Wesley Crusher.

For example, I thought she was rather nice in books two and four but lame in six.

Turnball is right about how lame she is.

I see why people would be sick of her but I did honestly like her.

Except for in the last book because then she's just boring.

Travis Touchdown said:
I just finished The Last Guardian, and am halfway through writing Typical Tragedy's finale.

Fuck yes.
I had a feeling you'd be done by tonight.

Thoughts?

Opal actually managed not to piss me off in this book, and I actually enjoyed it much, much more than Atlantis Complex.

I loved it. It bought the series to its proper conclusion, if you ask me.

Okay so I think the book isn't that great and you think it's good.

Something is wrong here.

Jack Noir said:
Nabber said:
She's alright by herself, but when she keeps forcing her way into other books it's really irritating. Just like Wesley Crusher.

For example, I thought she was rather nice in books two and four but lame in six.

Turnball is right about how lame she is.
It was weird when she just suddenly turned up. The end of Time Paradox was good though

So my sister and I are the only people in the world who like Opal.

Please don't kill us.

EDIT:
Apparently Colfer said that later
Artemis and Juliet get together.

...no.

Nabber said:
So my sister and I are the only people in the world who like Opal.

Please don't kill us.

EDIT:
Apparently Colfer said that later
Artemis and Juliet get together.

...no.
MY SHIPS.

Back