SPRING CLEANING

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wayoshi

PM Pro
Hello again, everyone - yes, not only am I alive here, I am now a mod again. 8)

Now that I have the ability, I am going to do MASS-MOVING, LOCKING, ARCHIVING, ETC. to get this board back into shape. There is a chance I will also create new boards. This will probably take place on Saturday the 29th.

I will not be activating maintenance mode or anything like that, nor, despite some people's suggestions, will I be banning anyone. The only fault for this semi-disaster is us - our whole administrative system, wiki, chat, and forum, easily gets unstable and shifts members often, and this place has been kind of neglected ever since chat has moved out of it. I, for at least my part, apologize for abandoning this place when it started to be a hassle for me to check all of the new posts, 90% of which were spam.

Expect:
  • Threads moved to its right board, deleted if entirely spam
  • new board(s) to break up big chunks of threads (where's a forum announcements board?)
  • new rules that are enforced more (not necessarily strict!)

Don't worry, the Off-Topic thread will stay - but that will be the ONLY place for stupid posts after this cleanup.

--Wa :yoshi:

Thanks sir.

Suggestions:

BLOCK THREADS BEFORE DELETING. We'd like to kep our posts, ridiculous as they may be.

PLEASE POST IN ALL THREADS TO BE DELETED ON FRIDAY.

That's about it. plzthzkkbai

3Dejong said:
BLOCK THREADS BEFORE DELETING. We'd like to kep our posts, ridiculous as they may be.

For some trouble makers, losing posts is a better punishment than a suspension.

I won't be posting threads, because I'll be scanning through them on Saturday. And I completely agree w/ GJ, since I'm not banning I might as well reduce your "precious" post count as a consolation "prize". :rolleyes:

I ran thought some of the older threads about a month ago. I tell ya, we need better criteria for what gets into the Topic Vault, not just 'well, it's locked, lol'.

Also, I seem to remember the old server having an option for pruning threads from before a certain date. That might be something to ask Steve about.

Wouldn't pruning delete ALL threads before a specified date? That's not the goal here.

saaaaaad face

:(

Yeah, but it can be assumed that any topic that hasn't have a response since the middle of last year is not needed anymore.

Also, can I assume Steve will be lending a hand with this? I don't think it's within our current permissions to create new boards.

Wayoshi said:
I won't be posting threads, because I'll be scanning through them on Saturday. And I completely agree w/ GJ, since I'm not banning I might as well reduce your "precious" post count as a consolation "prize". :rolleyes:
Noooo!
Then I'd have less than 2000 posts again... ;_;
*runs away*

Don't worry, we aren't going to just start deleting random unlocked threads. During the clean up, any threads that are to be sacrificed in the name of the sanity god will be locked first.

Troll threads, stupid crap, etc. will be deleted on site, no lock.

Ghost Jam said:
Don't worry, we aren't going to just start deleting random unlocked threads. During the clean up, any threads that are to be sacrificed in the name of the sanity god will be locked first.

OK, I'm soothed nao. :)

PaperStriker said:
Ghost Jam said:

Huzzah!

Goodbye, "Almost" thread! Goodbye, "Official :bowser: Smiley Thread!"

LOL, I is gonna lose around 50 posts. XD

3Dejong said:
PaperStriker said:
Ghost Jam said:

Huzzah!

Goodbye, "Almost" thread! Goodbye, "Official :bowser: Smiley Thread!"

LOL, I is gonna lose around 50 posts. XD
Me too. xD
(what's to laugh about this, anyway?)

http://forum.mariowiki.com/index.php?topic=1958.0

Will that stay?

Why did they delete the whole off-topic thread?
I had to say goodbye to 403 posts.

PaperStriker said:
Now you know how I feel Paperboy. I'd have 1000 posts if mine didn't get deleted. Even the greatest insightful ones like that one about Italy. 3D do you mean you want him to 'lock' threads b4 deletion? dont tell a mod what to do

There is still some work to do, but much has been done, also. Tomorrow a new & revised complete set of rules will be stickied here as the official guidelines for this forum.

Wayoshi said:
There is still some work to do, but much has been done, also. Tomorrow a new & revised complete set of rules will be stickied here as the official guidelines for this forum.

Rule #567,421, as stated officially by Wayoshi:
All posts must contain some reference to male body parts.

>>;;, no. I sure hope you won't be acting up in chat anymore, Mr. Mod sir. Now that you're reinstated as a Big Man On The Wikilife, you have an image to fulfill.

RudnickiMarioX06 said:
PaperStriker said:
Now you know how I feel Paperboy. I'd have 1000 posts if mine didn't get deleted. Even the greatest insightful ones like that one about Italy. 3D do you mean you want him to 'lock' threads b4 deletion? dont tell a mod what to do
*cough*
Paperboy? :mad: :mad: :mad:
And losing 403 posts wasn't the end of the world, actually.

All done! A lot of stuff happened, I'll explain in another stickied thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back