What's the best handheld gba pokemon game to get?

GalacticPetey

Donkey Kong
I'm considering getting a handheld GBA pokemon game. Which should I get? FireRed, LeafGreen, Ruby, Sapphire, or Emerald? Emerald is the one I first considered.

If you missed out on the original Pokemon games, FireRed/Leafgreen would be a nice choice. If you want one of the Hoenn games, I'd say get Emerald since you'll get both fossils in the desert and you can have rematches with the gym leaders.

I've never played any of the Hoenn games (ironically), and have only played LeafGreen, but from what info I've read/seen/etc. I would definitely go with one of the Hoenn games.

Don Pianta said:
If you missed out on the original Pokemon games, FireRed/Leafgreen would be a nice choice. If you want one of the Hoenn games, I'd say get Emerald since you'll get both fossils in the desert and you can have rematches with the gym leaders.
Which is better? FireRed or LeafGreen?

I have FireRed, but here's a list of version exclusives.

FireRed
Ekans
Arbok
Oddish
Gloom
Vileplume
Bellossom
Psyduck
Golduck
Growlithe
Arcanine
Shellder
Cloyster
Scyther
Scizor
Elekid
Electabuzz
Wooper
Quagsire
Murkrow
Qwilfish
Delibird
Skarmory
Deoxys
Attack Forme

LeafGreen
Sandshrew
Sandslash
Vulpix
Ninetails
Bellsprout
Weepinbell
Victrebel
Slowpoke
Slowbro
Slowking
Staryu
Starmie
Magby
Magmar
Pinsir
Azurill
Marill
Azumarill
Misdreavus
Sneasel
Remoraid
Octillery
Mantine
Deoxys
Defense Forme

LeafGreen.

I might be biased towards this because it was my first ever GBA and Pokemon game, but it's great.

Yeah, LeafGreen might be a better choice if you don't choose Squirtle as your starter or if you want to evolve Eevee into Jolteon or Flareon. Starmie is a good water-type exclusive to LeafGreen.

Venusaur's special stats are good and it has a better movepool.

Sceptile's special attack is slightly higher than Venusaur and it has great speed. It can hit hard and hit fast. Its movepool via level up aren't very impressive as Leaf Blade is the only one that stands out and it has one more weakness than Venusaur.

Don Pianta said:
Yeah, LeafGreen might be a better choice if you don't choose Squirtle as your starter or if you want to evolve Eevee into Jolteon or Flareon. Starmie is a good water-type exclusive to LeafGreen.
Don Pianta said:
Yeah, LeafGreen might be a better choice if you don't choose Squirtle as your starter
Don Pianta said:
if you don't choose Squirtle
3opuow.jpg

Back