Kids Wiki or Teen to Adult Wiki?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Storm Yoshi

Cyclone Microsoft, it'll make your windows crash
I have noticed that our wiki is being exposed to alot of very bad stuff via the adds. This is a real concern as what I am talking about is "You have 2 new crush's in ______". And further more I have seen stuff like ladies in bikinies sticking heir butts out and the caption You know you want this or somethin and the same for the more upper area of a lady. I'm know assuming that this becoming more of an adult wiki or for teens because we have 8 and 9 year olds getting exposed to this!!!! You really think we should alow our youngest users to get exposed to this? ???
 
B

Blitzwing

Guest
For some reasons, I'll get hundred of complaints because of Porno ad. I must be lucky, cuz the only one I saw is that one where you see a lady with her (bust) (exposed).
 

PaperStriker

I propose for the location going here.
Yeah, that's very, very, very, very, very, very, (...), very stupid. I dun wanna see women's butts taking over my screen. Especially when I'm reading an article about, let's say, Yoshi. You think "Aw! What a cute little dinosaur! Wait, what's that? A woman's butt? How perverted!"
 

Guiliant

Shine Sprite
Porn ads are stupid.
 

Guiliant

Shine Sprite

Alphaclaw11

Sparky
it isnt the wiki
it is the the host of the wiki
and host of the wiki needs money to pay for bandwith
so the adds pay money if the host of the wiki lets them be adds
the host of the wiki does so we have to have them, the only way to get rid of them is to change urls and then we would have to recreate everything.
i dont think there is a way to solve this.
no one has the power to unless we change urls
 

Guiliant

Shine Sprite

Storm Yoshi

Cyclone Microsoft, it'll make your windows crash
Alphaclaw11 said:
it isnt the wiki
it is the the host of the wiki
and host of the wiki needs money to pay for bandwith
so the adds pay money if the host of the wiki lets them be adds
the host of the wiki does so we have to have them, the only way to get rid of them is to change urls and then we would have to recreate everything.
i dont think there is a way to solve this.
no one has the power to unless we change urls
Well then why would Steve let porno adds on :mad: Why doesn't he change the host! :mad: :mad:
 

King Boo

"I'm definitely NOT doing this to help you, Pit."
He's already changed the host. He's not gonna change it again. Just ignore the porn ads. I have yet to see a porn ad, but if one came up on my screen, I'd be one happy guy.
 

Stumpers

Hammer Bro.
Retired Wiki Staff
You gotta be kidding me... I get these ads all the time. "Sexy chicas!" with her fricking butt just sitting there with a string between her cheeks. A woman pulling her thong off from behind. Need I go on? Am I the only on who finds that wrong? I really don't care what any of you guys who want to see porn say, because to be honest Mario and porn do not mix, even if it is "softcore." This is not worth not having "Max_User_Connection" errors, for goodness sake. Previously, Steve let us block certain URLs, can we now?

Still, if any users want to keep their history clean but still contribute, the "admin" for the Mario Wikia, who is a good user on this Wiki as well, (like our Steve, but he's under the Wikia Staff) has already confirmed that he doesn't mind us writing for his Wiki and ours at the same time, so you can move the stuff you make back once our hosts get their act together.
 

3Dejong

THIS PERSONAL TEXT IS SILLY!
Stumpers said:
You gotta be kidding me... I get these ads all the time. "Sexy chicas!" with her fricking butt just sitting there with a string between her cheeks. A woman pulling her thong off from behind. Need I go on? Am I the only on who finds that wrong? I really don't care what any of you guys who want to see porn say, because to be honest Mario and porn do not mix, even if it is "softcore." This is not worth not having "Max_User_Connection" errors, for goodness sake. Previously, Steve let us block certain URLs, can we now?

Still, if any users want to keep their history clean but still contribute, the "admin" for the Mario Wikia, who is a good user on this Wiki as well, (like our Steve, but he's under the Wikia Staff) has already confirmed that he doesn't mind us writing for his Wiki and ours at the same time, so you can move the stuff you make back once our hosts get their act together.
I get the same thing.

ATTENTION D00D3S

I has solution.

If you find a porn ad, immediately tell Steve. Click the ad, then, before the page loads up, COPY the URL from the Address Bar. Give it to Steve and he'll block that ad off the Wiki. I haven't done that because I find it easier to just ignore them, but go ahead and do it if you want to cleanse the Wiki.


Master Lucario said:
He's already changed the host. He's not gonna change it again. Just ignore the porn ads. I have yet to see a porn ad, but if one came up on my screen, I'd be one happy guy.
lol perv
 

PaperStriker

I propose for the location going here.
3Dejong said:
Stumpers said:
You gotta be kidding me... I get these ads all the time. "Sexy chicas!" with her fricking butt just sitting there with a string between her cheeks. A woman pulling her thong off from behind. Need I go on? Am I the only on who finds that wrong? I really don't care what any of you guys who want to see porn say, because to be honest Mario and porn do not mix, even if it is "softcore." This is not worth not having "Max_User_Connection" errors, for goodness sake. Previously, Steve let us block certain URLs, can we now?

Still, if any users want to keep their history clean but still contribute, the "admin" for the Mario Wikia, who is a good user on this Wiki as well, (like our Steve, but he's under the Wikia Staff) has already confirmed that he doesn't mind us writing for his Wiki and ours at the same time, so you can move the stuff you make back once our hosts get their act together.
I get the same thing.

ATTENTION D00D3S

I has solution.

If you find a porn ad, immediately tell Steve. Click the ad, then, before the page loads up, COPY the URL from the Address Bar. Give it to Steve and he'll block that ad off the Wiki. I haven't done that because I find it easier to just ignore them, but go ahead and do it if you want to cleanse the Wiki.


Master Lucario said:
He's already changed the host. He's not gonna change it again. Just ignore the porn ads. I have yet to see a porn ad, but if one came up on my screen, I'd be one happy guy.
lol perv

Dejong, our help in need.
I've changed the size to 9, lol. :P
 

Storm Yoshi

Cyclone Microsoft, it'll make your windows crash
Good solution 3D >=D>
 

PaperStriker

I propose for the location going here.
He is simply amazing, how he does help us, spam and bump topics, annoy users, etc...
Almost a candidate for a patroller!
(ALMOST, I said :P)
 

Storm Yoshi

Cyclone Microsoft, it'll make your windows crash
PaperStriker said:
He is simply amazing, how he does help us, spam and bump topics, annoy users, etc...
Almost a candidate for a patroller!
(ALMOST, I said :P)
Scratch that HE should be a patroller ;)
 

PaperStriker

I propose for the location going here.
Storm Yoshi said:
PaperStriker said:
He is simply amazing, how he does help us, spam and bump topics, annoy users, etc...
Almost a candidate for a patroller!
(ALMOST, I said :P)
Scratch that HE should be a patroller ;)
Well, almost.
 

3Dejong

THIS PERSONAL TEXT IS SILLY!
Wow, spamming, bumping, being an idiot, never on, occasional flames...

I'M A CANDIDATE FOR A 'CRAT!

YAY!
 

PaperStriker

I propose for the location going here.
3Dejong said:
Wow, spamming, bumping, being an idiot, never on, occasional flames...

I'M A CANDIDATE FOR A 'CRAT!

YAY!
Almost.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top