Tyrell Badd

"The hated boss who beats you down..."
Chat Administrator
Retired Forum Mod
Retired Wiki Staff
'Shroom Consultant
MarioWiki
Gamefreak75
Sorry, I couldn't resist doing one. Especially one for my favorite game ever.

Anyways, I'll be testing the many ability combinations as well as normal abilities. I think there are 49 (42 different ability combinations + 7 abilities)? I'm not sure, but I'll cover them all.

I'll be basing this off of usefulness and ability to take down bosses. Miracle Matter and Zero Two will not be used for obvious reasons and Crystal Shard Gun is out as well. This is entirely my opinion, but you are free to state your opinions in this thread as well.

I'll start from normal abilities (not mixed), then go to double mix (fire-fire, ice-ice, etc), and then finally the different combined ones. So, let the testing begin.

Scale:
Excellent
Great
Good
Not Good
Terrible

Normal Abilities
Fire:
Fire is essentially the Burning ability from previous Kirby installments. It allows Kirby to cover a short distance while being covered in flames. Any enemy that comes in contact with Kirby during this time will be destroyed. The attack has knockback, which can be a mixed blessing. The attack doesn't do much damage, but thankfully retains the invincibility frames when performing it.
*VS Whispy: Whispy Woods is easy with Fire and the knockback allows you to make quick work of the juniors. Then again. almost any ability is useful when fighting this boss.
*VS Pix: This boss can either be really easy or hard with Fire. The knockback will usually send you straight into one of Pix's attacks or away from it, depending on where it's hit from.
*VS Acro: Surprisingly, Fire makes quick work of Acro's first form since the knockback allows you to keep pelting her with continuous attacks. The second form, however, is quite tricky as utilizing the attack will cause Kirby to move down diagonally. Not to forget that there is falling debris, this phase is quite a challenge.
*VS Magman: Fire is one of the worst abilities you could use on this boss. More than half the time, the knockback will send you into the lava and being a short range attack, you need to get dangerously close to even cause damage.
*VS HR-H: Fire makes quick work of HR-H thanks to the knockback. However, HR-E is simply near impossible with fire as most of the time, you will be knocked back since you're not able to attack it from the front.

OVERALL USEFULNESS: Good

Ice:
Needle:
Cutter:
Bomb:
Stone:
Spark:

I can't believe I never did this. I'm going to update this later today after college.

I was thinking of doing this but for some reason I didn't.

Back