Super Smash Bros. Brawl and MKWii Tournament Proposals

WarioLoaf

Wild Cherry Pepsi ! Thats what I Want !
Banned User
Pending on how many users wanna brawl it out with each other, I say a scheduled Tornument can be placed after the European release of Brawl during the summer break. ChaosNinji has already declared he'd start the Brawl Tornument but i'll propose this to you guys and the MK one to see how many users are dying for a tournament like this.

I propose this:

f_MKTm_fab5ac0.png

f_SSBTourneym_0c3e9c5.png

There can be two Tournaments. The MKWii one scheduled for late April ( Everyone will have it by then) and Brawl's scheduled after the Australian release for Brawl.

Is this a good idea?

Sounds reasonable. I might not get Mario Kart right away, so I may miss that tournament if it's right after the game's NA release.

I'm probably gertting MKWii at launch, and have Brawl, so you can pretty much count me in for both tournements. However, I propose the MKWii tournement be moved up to early May to allow the people in North America to have more time to practice and get used to the game. After all, the European users will have had a whole month to playand get used to the game already by the time the NA release happen.

Uniju said:
I wanna be in both of them. :) Yay tournaments. ...But, didn't you do the same thing with MKDS a while ago and it totally phailed?
Yes we did :D

I said I was going to start a tournament. Still am. Anyway, I probably won't get MKWii. So, count me out of that one. Anyway, I'll look forward to beating you. ;D Totally got make me one of them banners. If only WL could teach me... *hint hint*

Those banners are for the Tourney Torney threads

i can make special sig stuff. the winner gets a special thing to place on his/her sig.

Ill be in the brawl one most likely, but I dont really care bout mkart so i wont be in that one

For the Brawl Tournament, let's be more specific.

Items or no items (I prefer no items for the same reason most other tourneys ban items including Final Smashes)

Series of 1 vs. 1s or tag team battle (tag team matchups would be random and would have Friendly Fire on. Final Smashes could be in tag teams if there was Friendly Fire on)

What Stages are legal? (I'll go by Brawl Central's list of legal stages)

Also, can we move the tournament date up and have another tournament after the PAL regions get it? Since we don't even know what the release date is for Aussies, it looks like the tournament is going to held off for a long while.

Resident Knife said:

Items or no items (I prefer no items for the same reason most other tourneys ban items including Final Smashes)

Series of 1 vs. 1s or tag team battle (tag team matchups would be random and would have Friendly Fire on. Final Smashes could be in tag teams if there was Friendly Fire on)

Also, can we move the tournament date up and have another tournament after the PAL regions get it? Since we don't even know what the release date is for Aussies, it looks like the tournament is going to held off for a long while.

We should follow official rules. 1 v. 1. tournament. And 2 Tournaments is good. I don't even know if Australia can hook up to America. I tried playing with Shrooby (In Brazil) and that didn't work.

Resident Knife said:

we'll make our own stage list, just we need the sing-ups and the pairs, what about Multi-Man Brawl?

no multi-man brawl, just 1-on-1s.

As for Stage Selection, here are my opinions on which stages can be green lit (though yo ucan add on an ystage that you woudl think deem okay) :

*Delfino Plaza
*Halbird
*Final Destination
*Battlefeild
*Pokemon Stadium
*Pokemon Stadium 2
*WarioWare
*Bridge of Eldin
*Hyrule Temple
*Frigate Orpheon
*Onett
*Shadow Moses Island
*Smashvile
*Pirate Ship

Courses Banned from the torney (Again, this is my opinion):

*Mushroomy Kingdom
*75m
*Mario Bros.
*Hanenbow
*Flat Zone 2
*Rumble Falls
*Summit
*Big Blue
*Port Town Aero Dive

any other one i missed can be a contentious do or dont

WarioLoaf said:

As for Stage Selection, here are my opinions on which stages can be green lit (though yo ucan add on an ystage that you woudl think deem okay) :

*Delfino Plaza
*Halbird
*Final Destination
*Battlefeild
*Pokemon Stadium
*Pokemon Stadium 2
*WarioWare
*Bridge of Eldin
*Hyrule Temple
*Frigate Orpheon
*Onett
*Shadow Moses Island
*Smashvile
*Pirate Ship

*Mushroomy Kingdom
*75m
*Mario Bros.
*Hanenbow
*Flat Zone 2
*Rumble Falls
*Summit
*Big Blue
*Port Town Aero Dive

take away 1 of the pokemon stadiums and put in big blue

and take away bridge of eldin (people will try to pull the giglypuff glitch)

WarioLoaf said:

*Delfino Plaza
*Halbird
*Final Destination
*Battlefeild
*Pokemon Stadium
*Pokemon Stadium 2
*WarioWare
*Bridge of Eldin
*Hyrule Temple
*Frigate Orpheon
*Onett
*Shadow Moses Island
*Smashvile
*Pirate Ship

*Mushroomy Kingdom
*75m
*Mario Bros.
*Hanenbow
*Flat Zone 2
*Rumble Falls
*Summit
*Big Blue
*Port Town Aero Dive

Temple should be banned 'cause of being a huge stage. Same with New Pork City!

Back