Wii U minimum price is...

ToxBox

Power Star
http://mynintendonews.com/2012/06/07/satoru-iwata-reveals-minimum-wii-u-price/

The minimum price for Wii U is...

$250

I expected that, to be honest.

They charge their games for $90+, I don't see why they wouldn't take advantage of our situation with their consoles as well. It's likely worse in New Zealand, tho.

King DDD said:
That is same as PS3's price at launch
The PlayStation 3's launch price in Australia was $1000.

Chihiro Fujisaki said:
They charge their games for $90+, I don't see why they wouldn't take advantage of our situation with their consoles as well. It's likely worse in New Zealand, tho.

King DDD said:
That is same as PS3's price at launch
The PlayStation 3's launch price in Australia was $1000.

Seriously?

Nintendo of Australia is seriously tripping if they charge that much for their games and consoles. And I'm not even going to get started on the PS3 price there as 600 dollars in the US was already ridiculous.

People, Australian Dollars are different currencies, than American Dollars.
PS3 was € 600,- at launch, and Wii was € 250,- at launch, in Europe.
So basically, all numbers have been copied from America, forgetting about the difference between EUR, and USD.

Uhhhh no, the adjustment from American currency is still way overpriced.

I'm going to trust that the Australian user knows what he's talking about

I was told at school the reason why that so many things considered 'not essential' cost way too much than it should is because of a 'luxury tax'. Basically, the Wii U's estimated price at EB Games is around $600, yet it's only worth $300. Same goes with games, NSMBU costs $110 (though most games for other systems cost up to $100, not including PS3).

The only thing that I can do is wait for the after-Christmas sales, but I'd still have to pay around $300-$400.

Well, that's better than what I thought it would be..... I have 100 dollars saved up now, plus 250 in Christmas money. Of course some of it is using to get games.

Crackin355 said:
Chihiro Fujisaki said:
Estimated Australian price for the Wii U.

I don't even care about the console and I'm pissed off.

Oh you have got to be fucking kidding me.

I knew it was going to be expensive but... Shit...

Well... That's throws away any and all chances of getting 1 or 2 things as well as the Wii U for Christmas... And it'd have to be half Christmas/ half birthday present, so I won't be getting anything for either but the Wii U.

I guess it's better than paying for it myself though

Well, that's all well and good, now I just need some sort of software incentive to shell out 250-300 dollars for a gaming console I'm likely going to mostly play games from previous systems on.

SKmarioman said:
I was told at school the reason why that so many things considered 'not essential' cost way too much than it should is because of a 'luxury tax'. Basically, the Wii U's estimated price at EB Games is around $600, yet it's only worth $300. Same goes with games, NSMBU costs $110 (though most games for other systems cost up to $100, not including PS3).
That particular 'luxury tax' you're speaking of only applies to cars.

So it can be more, yep, I already know that.
But we can't really spam about the price yet, as nothing official is known about this yet.

The EU price for the 3DS, is set to "Whatever the retailer wants", but since they need to pay a specific amount per 3DS, plus they want to sell as much as they can, so most retailers want about the same price as the others.
I'd expect the same thing to happen, with the Wii U.

Back