Nintendo Direct - Pre E3 2012

Super Mario the Hedgehog

...I've been looking forward to it.
Nintendo has announced that they will be hosting another Nintendo Direct broadcast before the start of E3 2012. This broadcast will focus on the concept behind the Wii U, and can be watched at these times:

Australia – 8am on June 4th
Europe (GMT) – 11pm on June 3rd
Japan – 7am on June 4th
United States (East Coast) – 6pm on June 3rd
United States (West Coast) – 3pm on June 3rd
The streams themselves can be seen via nintendo.co.jp or nintendo.com. If you sign up for the Nintendo Newsletter I will send a notification an hour or two before the event begins.
http://nintendo3dsblog.com/

This might explain the history of the Wii U's development and perhaps the changes that have been brought to it since it's been last seen. However, I don't expect any of its first-party games to be mentioned so they can be saved for E3, except maybe some more third-parties. Not to mention a few more 3DS titles revealed and updated looks at titles like Paper Mario 3D, Luigi's Mansion 2, Pokemon Black and White 2, and Animal Crossing: Jump Out.

According to Twitter, they'll mainly talk about the Wii U.
Since we don't know any non-Tech Demo Wii U game from Nintendo themselves, anything could be a surprise.

YamiHoshi.nl said:
According to Twitter, they'll mainly talk about the Wii U.
Since we don't know any non-Tech Demo Wii U game from Nintendo themselves, anything could be a surprise.
True, true. But I expect anything about the Wii U being revealed will only be hardware-related as they need to save most of their surprises for E3, or maybe some third-parties like I said earlier. But even though the focus may be on Wii U, I think Nintendo can honestly squeeze in a little 3DS love.

Travis Touchdown said:
That's as good a theory as any.
Thanks for the compliment!

No thanks, E3 2011 was also hardware related only.
At least, Controller related.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/nintendo_direct_pre_e3_2012/index.html
Choose your preferred language (most of you will choose English, anyway), and enjoy the Stream, in 20 minutes.

sfibJ.png

I knew they'd make a more normal controller. There's no way they were going to have games like SSB4 roll without something like this.

Northern Verve said:
New Super Mario said:
Is that a replacement for the old controller, or is it just another controller to use? I like it though.

It's another controller to use.
I like it. I'd love Nintendo forever if they made a cordless Gamecube controller to use for the Wii U. I'd so use that for SSB.

He was talking about Miiverse too but I didn't really catch it.

Eh, I think the positions of the right control stick and A, B, X, Y buttons should be switched, but maybe that's because I'm so used to the GCN controller.

I'll see how this works out though.

Northern Verve said:
sfibJ.png

I knew they'd make a more normal controller. There's no way they were going to have games like SSB4 roll without something like this.
Awesome! I think I''ll use the GamePad for 3D titles, while I use the Wii U Pro Controller for 2D games like Smash Bros. I often did this similarly with the Wii by adding the Nunchuck for 3D games and removing it for 2D games. That's just the way I feel most comfortable playing games.

Gamefreak75 said:
Eh, I think the positions of the right control stick and A, B, X, Y buttons should be switched, but maybe that's because I'm so used to the GCN controller.

I'll see how this works out though.
Yeah I'd like to switch them with the right analog.

I really like the online feature and it will be easy to use and the Wii U pro is weird and Wii U controller can be used as TV remote

Back