Smashing Pumpkins

Scarecrow von Steuben

I'm very friendly.
Anybody else listen to 'em? "Tonight Tonight," "1979," "Disarm," "Geek USA," and "Daphne Descends" are my personal favorite songs, though they have a lot of other really great ones.

I like them. 1979, Bullet with Butterfly Wings, and Today are my favorites.

I'm so hipster I only enjoyed their first three albums, especially Siamese Dream despite the rather spastic production quality.

I like them but I've only heard seven songs by them. "1979", "Cherub Rock", "Bullet With Butterfly Wings", and "Today" are all pretty good songs but the other three I don't really remember at all.

Chihiro Fujisaki said:
I'm so hipster I only enjoyed their first three albums, especially Siamese Dream despite the rather spastic production quality.

I've only heard a few songs off of Gish and aside from "Siva" and "Rhinoceros" they all seemed sort of 'eh', but it's been a while, I should probably give it another listen. I do agree that Siamese Dream and Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness are among their best albums, though admittedly uneven (the second disc of Mellon Collie is hard to get through, despite there being some great tracks on it like "Where Boys Fear to Tread," "1979," "Tales of a Scorched Earth," and "Thirty-Three").

That said, Adore is probably my personal favorite. I get why people are turned off by it (it's quite different from the band's other work, and considerably icier and more somber), but in many ways that's why I love it- it's a winter album, like how Mellon Collie was a summer album.

Back