How do I become cool?

Zero777

Middle Eastern Federation
...Like [to become] a regular user in SMW, UP, and forums. I don't want to be known as that annoying user who is just ignored or looked down at. I guess what I'm asking for is a second chance from you guys or a start over to become a regular, cool user.

First, don't ask

One does not simply become cool.

you just become cool without noticing it.

Well, you have to start off cool, like, the first days that you enter the forum you shouldn't act annoying or stupid. Also, people with special ranks are usually cooler. Older users (that used the forum for a while) are most of the time more cool than newbies.

Okay, I notice how the regularly known users are usually in chat rooms but when I go on one barely anybody is there and there's nothing to talk about, just mindless junk.

I'm on both #mwchat and #userpedia but when I'm usually there, there is just a bunch of random talk and nobody listens to me.

Alicia Lohmeye said:
I'm on both #mwchat and #userpedia but when I'm usually there, there is just a bunch of random talk and nobody listens to me.

neither of those is the chatroom we use

cool is a matter of opinion, not fact. there's nothing you can do to automatically "become cool" but these wouldn't hurt:
  • be nice to people in the community where you want to be seen as cool
  • show people in the community where you want to be seen as cool that you care about what they have to say. listen and respond to their opinions
  • contribute to the community where you want to be seen as cool

I just only went there to check if that was the default at the SMW, but we'll have to save that date later because I'm in the process of making a portfolio.

Rarity said:
cool is a matter of opinion, not fact. there's nothing you can do to automatically "become cool" but these wouldn't hurt:
  • be nice to people in the community where you want to be seen as cool
  • show people in the community where you want to be seen as cool that you care about what they have to say. listen and respond to their opinions
  • contribute to the community where you want to be seen as cool
I have been doing that for some time already.

Now I get it, just be firm and nice, in supporting or opposing, in the response no matter the post the other person may have posted, either supportive or in opposition.

I gotta start doing that more often because I did start becoming a slacker in the wikis.

SuperPaperFan said:
Well, you have to start off cool, like, the first days that you enter the forum you shouldn't act annoying or stupid. Also, people with special ranks are usually cooler. Older users (that used the forum for a while) are most of the time more cool than newbies.

Judging someone by their rank or the time they've spent here is a shallow way to judge. Although generally, people promoted to administrative ranks are promoted due to maturity, activity, and other things like that.

I don't really like how that first part is worded, but yes, if you build up a bad reputation, it can be hard to tear it down, and build yourself a better reputation.

Got it. And I notice that I don't talk a lot to people in chat which sort of makes it hard to convey what I really am so I should go to chatrooms more often...

Christian Brutal Sniper said:
Alicia Lohmeye said:

neither of those is the chatroom we use

So what chatrooms do you use, or are they restricted for only certain kinds of users, like say staff?

Alicia Lohmeye said:
...Like [to become] a regular user in SMW, UP, and forums. I don't want to be known as that annoying user who is just ignored or looked down at. I guess what I'm asking for is a second chance from you guys or a start over to become a regular, cool user.

You stop caring about being cool, and become chill.

actually, you have to grow a beard

is this an honest question
SexyEspeon said:
One does not simply become cool.

you just become cool without noticing it.
this would be my joke answer

my real answer would be something along the lines of "Be yourself, but keep in check your jerk or annoying qualities".

Also it helps if you're funny.

But the most important part:

*dramatic pause*

DON'T TRY TO BE COOL. THAT'S REALLY UNCOOL.

in fact talking about all this "cool" vs "uncool" is stupid, why am I doing this

Dr. Javelin said:
Also it helps if you're funny.

Oh snap, now I'll never be cool.

Hey, if this is an honest question, I'd like some help too. Not many think I'm cool either, and when I do go into the chat many times, no one really is there. Trust me, it's not you, it's them.

Yeah you'd have to have some sort of charm and charisma to be seen as cool. Which I seem to lack for the most part. I aspire to be cool one day, as well. 23 years later, and I am still not cool.

Zero, you are already cool. You don't need someone else to clarify whether you are or not. Cool varies from person to person, so some will find you cool while others don't. As long as you know you are cool, then that's all that matters.

I think a lot of people on this forum are cool. These are 5 out of 10 of the people i personally think are cool.
*Minuette
*NintendoQueen
*Rarity
*Zero
*MarioBros2

SuperPaperFan said:
I think a lot of people on this forum are cool. These are 5 out of 10 of the people i personally think are cool.
*Minuette
*NintendoQueen
*Rarity
*Zero
*MarioBros2
hahahahaha

Back