Good Recolor Artwork Programs

I've been looking one for a while now. I know there is GIMP, but I think that is only for Macs? I have Windows.

If you know any good ones (free ones, too) please post a link here. Thanks!

~NSM

thank you

i want mp9 artwork of me ;_;

Lily said:
I have windows and gimp is fine.
I use gimp, it is very easy to get decent recolours.
I have gimp but I have no idea how to recolor.

:(

It's simples, I remember MM posting the technique which I use.
Open up yer pic
Make a new transparent layer
Set the colour thing to hue
Have fun!

SexyEspeon said:
Lily said:
I have gimp but I have no idea how to recolor.

:(

1.) Use fancy selection tool of your choice to select the area you want to recolor.

2.) Click on "Color" (it should say color) in the bar above your image that says "File, Edit, (...)"

3.) Select the second menu point from the drop down menu that pops up. It should say something like "colors/saturation"

4.) A window with colorful shapes and four sliders pops up. You can use the sliders to play around until the color matches whatever you were picturing.

5.) And there you have a very simple recolor. For advanced recoloring, you will have to make yourself familiar with all the other stuff in the Color menu, especially the colorize and the brightness/contrast tool.

Also, the Gimp is readily available for and usable on Windows, as it was already said.

Lily said:
It's simples, I remember MM posting the technique which I use.
Open up yer pic
Make a new transparent layer
Set the colour thing to hue
Have fun!

Have you been watching me recolor? ._.

Gimp is pretty easy.
I mean, it only took me a little bit to do this:
bobombrecolor.png

I use Paint. NET and Paint for sprites. You can BUY Photoshop. That was easy to use in a few ways, we used it in Computer classes last trimester. Paint.NET is the easiest to use. Also if you need recolors ask me. I have been getting better... I think

You can do sprite recolours with paint, but if it's full on artwork then I have no idea.

Examples: http://ssf2expansions.motionforum.net/t2177-crackin-s-sprite-recouloring

Don't know if that link will work since I'm on my iPad, but the first post has the ones I did. I did a couple other but never got around to posting them.

Yeah, I use paint for little recolors, but not artwork.

Lily said:

Really it works with windows?

Well, I think I will see if I can get GIMP. I thought it was only for Macs. Thanks guys!

Hey talking about art i did a blog with lots of Anime Cross over Art Including mario could you all check it out http://kereme25.blogspot.com/2012/05/hottest-anime-crossovers.html

Back