V2W: MLP: FiM Season 2 - FLUTTERSHY WINS!

Re: V2W: MLP: FiM Season 2 (Round 1: Gustave vs Scoots, Rarity vs the owl)

Gustave le Grand: 0
Scootaloo: 5

Rarity: 4
Owloysius: 1

I love Rarity, but I'm feeling Owly today.

Re: V2W: MLP: FiM Season 2 (Round 1: Gustave vs Scoots, Rarity vs the owl)

Scootaloo and Rarity move on.

Featherweight (...I actually still haven't seen Ponyville Confidential so I'm not sure what his role is) vs Cadence. (Shining Armor's wife)
Pumpkin Cake (the other cake twin) vs Apple Bloom. (Cutie Mark Crusader, important minor character)

Featherweight_id.png
VS
250px-Princess_Cadance_S2E26_thumb.png

250px-Pumpkin_Cake_smiling_S2E13.png
VS
250px-AppleBloom2.png

Featherweight: 0
Cadence: 0

Pumpkin Cake: 0
Apple Bloom: 0

Re: V2W: MLP: FiM Season 2 (Round 1: Featherweight vs Cadence,Pumpkin vs Applebloom)

not voting, Cadence was ok but again, still haven't seen Ponyville Confidential, so I'm not sure if Featherweight's better or not.

Apple Bloom: 1

Apple Bloom is probably my favorite minor character. Pumpkin Cake was just ok.

Re: V2W: MLP: FiM Season 2 (Round 1: Featherweight vs Cadence,Pumpkin vs Applebl

Cadence: 1

Apple Bloom: 2

Re: V2W: MLP: FiM Season 2 (Round 1: Featherweight vs Cadence,Pumpkin vs Applebloom)

Featherweight: 1

Featherweight is adorable and Cadence is painfully flat (Featherweight is obviously not fleshed-out, but he just had a rather minor role in a single episode).

Apple Bloom: 3

Apple Bloom is the best CMC in my opinion.

Featherweight: 2

Cadence is perhaps the most underdeveloped character in the whole series. No problem voting here.

Apple Bloom: 4

CMC > Babies. 'Nuff said.

Re: V2W: MLP: FiM Season 2 (Round 1: Featherweight vs Cadence,Pumpkin vs Applebl

Bumping because if Cadence has to lose I'm hoping a few voters will turn it away from being a 2-1 snoozefest of a Matchup.

Cadence: 2

Apple Bloom: 4

Featherweight: 3

Apple Bloom: 5

:dk2:

Cadence: 3

Apple Bloom: 5

Re: V2W: MLP: FiM Season 2 (Round 1:OT, Redheart vs Mayor, Peewee vs Mulia)

Featherweight and Cadence go into the first OT of the game, while Apple Bloom beats Pumpkin.

Nurse Redheart (nurse who was in Baby Cakes(?)) vs the Mayor. (Mayor of Ponyville)
Peewee (Spike's pet Phoenix) vs Mulia Mild. (chef from MMMystery on the Friendship Express)

Featherweight_id.png
VS
250px-Princess_Cadance_S2E26_thumb.png

250px-Nurse_Redheart_id.png
VS
250px-Mayor.PNG

150px-Peewee_just_hatched_Se2Ep21.png
VS
250px-Mulia_Mild_introducing_herself_to_Pinkie_S2E24.png

Nurse Redheart: 0
Mayor: 0

Peewee: 0
Mulia Mild: 0

Nurse Redheart: 1
Mayor: 0

Peewee: 0
Mulia Mild: 1

Mayor: 1

Peewee: 1

...wait, I thought you weren't a brony?

I just did that to be stupid. :dk:

Mayor: 2

up until last week I didn't even know Redheart existed.

Peewee: 1

don't care for either character.

Cadence might of not gotten alot of development time or enough time to really show her character. But she was an important character in what was a great Finale. As Featherweight's role was much more minor. I think Cadence is at least more deserving of getting into Round 2 then Featherweight.

Mayor: 3

Peewee: 2

Again, flat character is flat. If 44 minutes wasn't enough time to develop, make a 3-parter. And I'm rather...annoyed by an important family member not even being mentioned until now. You'd think it would at least come up in conversation.

Mayor: 4

meh

Peewee: 2
Mulia Mild: 2

I love punny names, and Dragon Quest was sort of a mean episode to Spike (the mane cast never owned up on treating him like a baby, and the "I suddenly don't care about my parents" was a cheap cop out)

Mayor: 5

Peewee: 3

Same logic as before.

Mayor: 6

Just a more likeable character.

Peewee: 4

Because baby phoenixes are cute.

I'm not really getting all of this about Cadence being a flat character. She is, but so is Spidercolt Featherweight. I don't even remember if he got more than one line besides a few minor appearences in the episode.

Nabber said:
I'm not really getting all of this about Cadence being a flat character. She is, but so is Spidercolt Featherweight. I don't even remember if he got more than one line besides a few minor appearences in the episode.

Yeah I happen to like both Featherweight and Cadence. Any of these 2 are probably not going to do very well in the next round unless they get really lucky.

But Cadence actually had a major role. Even if we don't get much of her character. The whole "Should've of been a 3-4 parter" shouldn't apply considering Canterlot Wedding actually used it's pacing quite well compared to Return of Harmony and the Pilot. Featherweight had a decent role in the episode he was in. But at the very least, Cadence's relation with Twilight (Sunshine, Sunshine, Ladybugs Awake anyone?) and having sung half of This Day Aria. That at the least Cadence is much more deserving.

Featherweight: 4

Mayor: 7

Good thing I watched that one with the Crusaders writing the gossip column just this morning.

Who dyes their hair grey?

Pyro said:
Featherweight: 4

Well damn. Ah well, if Cadence loses at least she lasted an extra day.

Nabber said:

Featherweight was supposed to be a character with one line; he's more undeveloped, but Cadence, who was supposed to be major, was underdeveloped. Instead, she had no personality other than being...nice, I guess. Armor at least had a little development, but the "extremely important person who happens to be Twilight's big brother and is just introduced now!" seems way too much like a bad fan fiction.

Again they didn't have enough time to really show off Cadence's character she kinda was imprisoned in a cave and then thrust into action in we also had to see the new villain. And Cadence did get somewhat developed with the flashback with Filly Twilight, it showed what she did in the past (Foalsitting) and what her special power is (Spreading love). Cadence also clearly cares alot about Shining Armor and Twilight and at least showed some knowledge by revealing everyone about Changelings. Whether or not the Queen just told her about herself and Changelings. She was the only pony who knew about them.

This Day Aria provided the perfect possible way to show both Cadence and Chrysalis in the limited time they had.

I probably have kind of bias reasons with Twilight being my favorite pony and all and fond of the cute fan art made with them. But I'd think you'd at least give Cadence some props for the dance with Pinkie - your favorite - at the ending.

It's not like me arguing like this is doing anything as it looks like Featherweight is going to win. But to say she had no personality besides just caring at all just wasn't true.

Back