Rayman Origins

Smashgoom202

Dry Bowser
Retired Wiki Staff
Talk about how awesome this game is.

I love it's style, the music's really awesome to listen to, I like wailing on enemies, the platforming's good fun... I only just beat the first world, though, and it looks like I'm going to have to go back and collect more "Lums" once I've gotten more experienced at the game.

I like how Rayman "humps" the air when he frees Electoons. :P

It's like a victory dance... It's more pelvic thrusts then anything, I just call it "humping the air" because I heard it in this video:

Yoshidude99 said:
Best Rayman game ever. Working to Land of Livid Dead now.
I'd still rank it lower than the first two games, mostly because of Origins' weak endgame.

I, too, am on the Land of the Livid Dead. I... don't want to say it's hard or frustrating, even though I died a lot. I'm not shouting at the game for being unfair, mostly because it's my fault that I didn't stick my landing. Still, more often then not, I die within the first few seconds.

Also, what Herr Shyguy said is true, the ending COULD have been better... or at least the "main" ending with the Magician.

Either way, this makes me want to track down and play the first three games in the series, especially Rayman 2: The Great Escape, I heard that one's the best!

How many Electoons do you need to get there? Also yes try and get the originals. You can get R2 on 3DS as Rayman 3D now and it is just as awesome.

Smashgoom202 said:
Also, what Herr Shyguy said is true, the ending COULD have been better... or at least the "main" ending with the Magician.
Land of the Livid Dead's ending was pretty sub-par too. The whole game suffered from a pretty bad lack of focus, which is a shame because the gameplay and art direction are top notch.

Yoshidude99 said:
How many Electoons do you need to get there? Also yes try and get the originals. You can get R2 on 3DS as Rayman 3D now and it is just as awesome.
You... don't need Electoons to get to the Land of the Livid Dead. You need Skull Teeth, which you can only get by playing the Tricky Treasure stages.

Really, Rayman 2 is available on the 3DS? Like, as a retail game, or an eShop game?

Smashgoom202 said:
Yoshidude99 said:
You... don't need Electoons to get to the Land of the Livid Dead. You need Skull Teeth, which you can only get by playing the Tricky Treasure stages.
But you do need Electoons to unlock the Tricky Treasures.

Herr Shyguy said:
Smashgoom202 said:
Yoshidude99 said:
Yeah, that's true. I forget how many you need for each world's TT stage, since I make it a habit to go back to previous worlds to unlock free all the Electoons for each stage, earn enough Lums for the extra ones, AND beat the time attacks for each one as well.

Yeah, I wanna say the last one was something like 200 but by then I had enough Electoons for it to already be unlocked by the time I got to it.

Oh, and on the topic of playing the first two games, I'd recommend the Playstation version of Rayman 1 the most, but if you can't get your hands on it or if you actually want to finish the game the DSiWare version is pretty decent. If you're up for a challenge though the Playstation version has a much more satisfying difficulty curve, as well as much better musical direction and slightly better visuals.

Unfortunately, I don't own ANY PlayStation systems. But nice to know the game available on so many systems.

Herr Shyguy said:
Smashgoom202 said:
Yoshidude99 said:
Yeah that was what I meant. Also has anyone tried out the co-op? I did the first level with my sister and it was fun.

I don't have anyone to play it with... And I'm worried that, now that I've played through the game, I'll be so much better at it then the second player, they feel discouraged...

...In other Rayman Origins news, I downloaded the newly available demo for the 3DS version.

First thing I noticed is that apparently you're allowed 30 plays with this demo. I guess that makes sense; you play it enough times then go buy the full game when it comes out.

I've played all 3 stages the demo had to offer. Since I pretty much beat the console version of the game I recognized all 3 stages and was able to get enough Lums for the Electoons AND medal for each stage that had you collecting Lums.

I was kind of surprised with their choice of which Tricky Treasure stage to use, it was the one where Rayman and the treasure were just silhouettes, which was FREAKING HARD in the console version, though surprisingly not as hard here.. For reasons I'll explain right now:

If there's one thing that stood out about this demo it's how slow it is compared to the console version. Maybe it's just the fact that it's a downloadable demo (I had to try three times in order to fully download it, though that's probably my own Internet connection's fault), but seriously, the way Rayman moves, in addition to the animation and overall feel is very sluggish compared to the fast-paced console version.

I also had small difficulty adjusting to the controls, but that will come with continued play.

There were also weird bits where short music cues would continuously replay, even though they didn't need to (the fanfare when you caught up with the treasure chest is one of them). There are also odd moments like when Rayman is posing behind that fat viking lady stand, like he does whenever he beats a stage, only to have it cut to Rayman ducking, fade to black, then go back to Rayman behind the stand again.

And you know what I said about the game feeling slow? Well, it effects some of the music and sound effects, such as when you've collected all the Electoons of a stage, they play the same sound effects and music it makes in the console version, only this time, the animation can't keep up with the music.

I'm sure all of these flaws will be ironed out in the eventual release of the 3DS version of this game, or at least I hope I do. Just thought I'd throw out my thoughts on the demo.

Yes, you can, Yoshidude. Also, Smashgoom, every 3DS demo can be played a maximum of thirty times (nothing special about that regarding this game), and as far as your downloading issue, I think it was just your connection. Regarding gameplay, the demos tend to be pretty close to how the final games turn out, so this slowness of which you speak will likely present itself in the actual game.

Anyway, this demo was my first foray into the Rayman series (aside from the Rabbid games), and I must say I was quite impressed. I found that Tricky Treasure level to be quite difficult (to the point that I hope the game doesn't have a death counter...seriously, I haven't done platforming like that since DKC Returns), and it looks like levels have a lot of replayability. I might pick it up at some point.

Playing in the Shade was an annoying Tricky Treasure level but I found you can skip the first part if you do a spin jump.

Yeah, the first part was a piece of cake.

Hey, so I was thinking about buying the soundtrack to this game via iTunes, but they only have a handful of songs from the game. Does anyone know where I can find a full soundtrack of the game?

Youtube. Also just got my first Lum Medal and you get a disco dance with the Magican. It is diffrent to the one with the Magican in the Reveal though. Here it is

Also nearly have enough Electoons to get my 7th Skull Key.

There is a soundtrack on Amazon, but it doesn't have all of the songs, and the ones that are on the soundtrack are all pretty much under a minute long, so YouTube would be your best bet.

Yoshidude99 said:
Youtube. Also just got my first Lum Medal and you get a disco dance with the Magican. It is diffrent to the one with the Magican in the Reveal though. Here it is

Also nearly have enough Electoons to get my 7th Skull Key.
When you say "YouTube", what exactly do you mean?

Back