Am I the only one who made an account here because of Chuggaaconroy's new LP?

Natsu "Salamander" Dragneel said:
I was just saying, that him being the LP'er ever isn't what everybody will think.
so you're telling us that you didn't understand the use of a subjective word such as "best" (which was really obviously another way of saying "favorite" in this context) didn't automatically determine N64dude was stating an opinion

or that you just felt like being a bit of a whacker and pointing out that it was an opinion and a somehow inferior one just because you thought otherwise

Way to shitpost.

Stooben said:
I was just saying, that him being the LP'er ever isn't what everybody will think.
so you're telling us that you didn't understand the use of a subjective word such as "best" (which was really obviously another way of saying "favorite" in this context) didn't automatically determine N64dude was stating an opinion

or that you just felt like being a bit of a whacker and pointing out that it was an opinion and a somehow inferior one just because you thought otherwise

Way to shitpost.

I never said inferior, everybodies opinion is their own, I just thought that not everybody would get that it's an opinion. And I didn't want to just write one word, so I threw in my opinion to make the post longer.

I did it so nobody would start some sort of an argument and it still happens. This happens every time, it's ridiculous.

Nabber said:
"not everyone would get that it's an opinion"

...how?

There have been some cases where Ive seen people yell at others for having opinions.

I've already explained why I did it, the more you yell at me because you think I was in the wrong, the longer this goes on. Arguments are stupid and get you nowhere. That's why I try to make sure none happen. But fuck, look at this, happens anyway.

I don't mean to barge into an argument I'm not part of, but

Nintendo64Dude said:
I Watch His Lets Plays And i have a youtube account he's THE BEST LPER EVER ALONG WITH SimKirby

Crackin, is it really that difficult to see what N64dude said was an opinion? You don't have to tell us it's an opinion, we're not 5 year-olds... :-\ I have to agree with what Nabber said. sorry if I'm continuing an argument that's finished

Anyways, to contribute to the actual topic, I don't even know if Chuggaa was around making LP's when I originally joined back in February of '08 (I really don't know when Chuggaa started making LP's). I joined mainly for the SSBB information in late '07/early '08.

EDIT: okay yeah, ignore what I said, I realize what you're doing, Crackin. Sorry.

^Opinion

I don't think he's the best, but he's good. I'd rather someone for sarcastic and funny without trying like SSoHPKC.

Maybe I'm blind or too tired or something, but I don't really see anything that is significantly wrong with this post and I don't get why everyone is ganging up on it. I mean, he even said that he thinks Chuggaaconroy is still good. From what it looks like, he tried to avoid stepping on any feet, so what's with the uproar?

I never said inferior, everybodies opinion is their own, I just thought that not everybody would get that it's an opinion. And I didn't want to just write one word, so I threw in my opinion to make the post longer.
Of course everybody's opinions is their own. People who don't get that probably don't even understand what an opinion is.

Also, I was fine with the latter half of your post, since that was your opinion. I have no reason to get upset over that. But going out of your way to point out that someone else's opinion is "just an opinion" (which is the way the use of just that one word came across to me, at least) just seems condescending.

I get now that you were trying to stop a shitfest before it started, but perhaps wait for someone to actually hate on him (or whoever) or his opinion before trying to point out/defend that it is an opinion.

I apologize for misinterpreting the intentions behind your post and starting a shitstorm against you. I should have kept my mouth shut, you didn't really deserve any of that. I see that there was no good reason for my reaction. Sorry.

Adrian Andrews said:
^Opinion

I don't think he's the best, but he's good. I'd rather someone for sarcastic and funny without trying like SSoHPKC.

Maybe I'm blind or too tired or something, but I don't really see anything that is significantly wrong with this post and I don't get why everyone is ganging up on it. I mean, he even said that he thinks Chuggaaconroy is still good. From what it looks like, he tried to avoid stepping on any feet, so what's with the uproar?
Like I said, didn't have a problem with his opinion. Just the initial use of the word "^Opinion" came off as kind of sanctimonious to me. But I get now that he was trying to stop an argument before it arose (which I contributed to anyway, like a dope), so my reaction was uncalled for.

Probably sounds like I'm trying to justify my actions, but I'm not.

He's ok Chugga is Funny

Let's talk to him about affiliating with us on future LPs involving Mario series games. Could drive a lot of traffic to this site (considering it's Youtube) and more views to his videos, a win-win situation.

That Would Be Awesome Yoshidude99

Knife said:
Let's talk to him about affiliating with us on future LPs involving Mario series games. Could drive a lot of traffic to this site (considering it's Youtube) and more views to his videos, a win-win situation.

It worked when he did Galaxy, AFAIK, so I think it's worth a shot.

It's good as long as we got that argument sorted out,

Mario4Ever said:
Knife said:

It worked when he did Galaxy, AFAIK, so I think it's worth a shot.

But how would we get him to to affiliate with the wiki again?

Well, I don't know how it was done with Galaxy, but I suppose a request could be made via YouTube PM. Of course, if we went the professional route, a staff member would probably have to fill out the Business Contact Form (not to exclude anyone from discussion).

Unfortunately, I'm a little too lazy busy to actually follow through with this, so would someone else like to follow up on the idea? Preferably someone who knows how to work YouTube and the announcement template. Do we have an official MarioWiki account on YouTube? If not, it's a better time than any to start one.

There isn't a MarioWiki account there, at least not one that I know of. Did the wiki ever have a YouTube account?

Just an update on this, the wiki administrative staff has decided to do this.

We have a YouTube account, but nothing has been done with it yet. We intend to use it for communication purposes only.

Yes, they are working on getting affiliated with Chuggaconroy. Not just one LP, but however many Mario related ones he decides to do.

Here the channel BTW: http://www.youtube.com/user/supermariowiki/feed

I got here because I googled "Make your own mario character" and what do you know, I found that "Make a Mario Character" in Fan Creations..

BTW: Subscribed to the Mariowiki YT.

Back