Pottermore

Nabber said:
I can't make a Cure for Boils. Every time I try I finish, wave my wand, and it says that I did it wrong.
Got mine on my first try.

Though that's probably because I'm a Slytherin.

Toad85 said:
Nabber said:
I can't make a Cure for Boils. Every time I try I finish, wave my wand, and it says that I did it wrong.
Got mine on my first try.

Though that's probably because I'm a Slytherin.
No wonder, it must be biased so only Slytherins can make it.
It makes perfect Potter sense.

Oh, and a tip: If your not an expert, don't brew potions, you lose house points for that!

Nabber said:

What exactly does it tell you? Perhaps I can help (even though it goes against Slytherin elitism).

Boil to 250 degrees for 10 seconds (did that.)

Then, wave your wand. I do that and it says I failed.

Yeah, but what's the exact reason (e.g. ran out of time, ingredient in the wrong container/used wrong amount, not following the instructions in the right order)?

Also, did you keep the temperature in the correct range (green) for those ten seconds and turn the heat off before waving the wand?

Check the book after each step to make sure that it's crossed out (and it has to be in that exact order, even if it makes more sense to do otherwise).

Ok, then maybe you used too much of an ingredient.

Ok, then it's likely due to your Mudblood heritage Ravenclaw incompetence Nabber's Law a technical glitch (though I just practiced it five minutes ago successfully) or you making a minor mistake somewhere. In either case, you'll get to it to work eventually, and when you do, you can make your House proud by making more complex potions.

Mario4Ever said:
Ok, then it's likely due to your Mudblood heritage Ravenclaw incompetence Nabber's Law a technical glitch (though I just practiced it five minutes ago successfully) or you making a minor mistake somewhere. In either case, you'll get to it to work eventually, and when you do, you can make your House proud by making more complex potions.
The line doesn't really do much, but it does help.

Back