NES Duck Hunt help

ToxBox

Power Star
Pronouns
He/him
I couldn't get my Duck Hunt game to work, I tried on my HD TV and my Mac using capture card, how I can solve this problem? My zapper gun works

NSY

Celestial Guide
Pronouns
He/him
Maybe your NES Cart is Bust.

Mariomario64

Shine Sprite
Pronouns
He/him
You could always try cleaning the cartridge's metal connectors. To do that you would need to get 91% or better rubbing alcohol, put a bit on a Q-tip, and gently clean out the metal in the cartridge. But a warning: You absolutely must have 91% or better rubbing alcohol; using any rubbing alcohol less than 91% will actually destroy the cartridge.

ToxBox

Power Star
Pronouns
He/him
No, my NES cart with Super Mario Bros is perfectly fine, I heard that zapper gun use reflection

Toad85

MarioKartRPG
Pronouns
He/him
It might be because you have an HDTV. 'Duck Hunt" was originally made for RGB regular TVs; the plasma in yours may be messing up the aiming process. Try aiming higher or lower than usual.

Mariomario64

Shine Sprite
Pronouns
He/him
Oh wait, I thought you meant that Duck Hunt was on its own cartridge for some reason, I wasn't thinking >_>

banjonator1

Satan
Pronouns
He/him
It doesn't work with newer TV's, don't know why. I tried it on my mom's plasma screen. Use an older TV, see if it helps.

EDIT:

Toad85 said:
It might be because you have an HDTV. 'Duck Hunt" was originally made for RGB regular TVs; the plasma in yours may be messing up the aiming process. Try aiming higher or lower than usual.
^ this