NES Duck Hunt help

ToxBox

Power Star
I couldn't get my Duck Hunt game to work, I tried on my HD TV and my Mac using capture card, how I can solve this problem? My zapper gun works

Maybe your NES Cart is Bust.

You could always try cleaning the cartridge's metal connectors. To do that you would need to get 91% or better rubbing alcohol, put a bit on a Q-tip, and gently clean out the metal in the cartridge. But a warning: You absolutely must have 91% or better rubbing alcohol; using any rubbing alcohol less than 91% will actually destroy the cartridge.

No, my NES cart with Super Mario Bros is perfectly fine, I heard that zapper gun use reflection

It might be because you have an HDTV. 'Duck Hunt" was originally made for RGB regular TVs; the plasma in yours may be messing up the aiming process. Try aiming higher or lower than usual.

Oh wait, I thought you meant that Duck Hunt was on its own cartridge for some reason, I wasn't thinking >_>

It doesn't work with newer TV's, don't know why. I tried it on my mom's plasma screen. Use an older TV, see if it helps.

EDIT:

Toad85 said:
It might be because you have an HDTV. 'Duck Hunt" was originally made for RGB regular TVs; the plasma in yours may be messing up the aiming process. Try aiming higher or lower than usual.

^ this

Back