LittleBigPlanet Karting

Master Crash

The Dragon of the West
Chat Operator
littlebigplanet-karting-20120321062051759.jpg

The rumors for this game started roughly around... February if I'm correct, and confirmed around the same time.

But now, we finally have some footage and information on it:

United Front Games will be creating this game, with help from Media Molecule.

IGN Article here.

So, what are your thoughts on this? Anyone as excited for this as I am?

apocalypseArisen said:
Media Molecule.
Yep.

Not particularly excited, but I don't have a PS3 or any LBP games, so.

At least they didn't make it a noticeable rip-off of anything, besides the title.

And I don't own a PS3.

fuck yes

This should be good. I've already got the first two games for the PS3. I haven't touched them in a while, though. Nonetheless, it is awesome that you can create so much in these games. It takes great patience to make a great level from what I have heard.

Loganofan20 said:
At least they didn't make it a noticeable rip-off of anything, besides the title.
you're not subtle

On-topic, I think this is a very bizarre and baffling idea and I don't think it'll be very good.

It's not baffling, Mario Kart prints money and Sony finally has a nice family friendly franchise to toss into the fray.

It would be awesome if there was lots of downloadable content like the original game. But that probably won't happen, because Sony is probably focused on cashing in on Mario Kart's popularity.

Herr Shyguy said:
It's not baffling, Mario Kart prints money and Sony finally has a nice family friendly franchise to toss into the fray.
My point was that unlike Mario, LittleBigPlanet has no actual characters; it'd be like making a kart racing game where the only playable characters are your own Miis. So I find it a bit weird.

but then I don't like kart racing games anyway, so meh

I've always wanted to try out a LittleBigPlanet game, they always looked fun. The kart racer looks pretty awesome too.

Looks really good, actually. It does look a bit similar to Mario Kart but there seems to be a lot of new concepts being thrown around that looks nice.

(Bump)

Got it the other day since it was on sale in the PSN store, definitely a lot of fun to play.

I got it as a present last Christmas. I have yet to complete it, but I'm sure I'm halfway through.

Back