Votes: 1 14.3%

Votes: 3 42.9%

Votes: 2 28.6%

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters

Pokemon DP

God I'm good at being an owl
Retired Wiki Staff
Yup, sixty issues. How fun. We tried our best to make this issue feel a bit special, but I guess the best we could do was implement a bunch of changes. Changes I will reiterate later along with other announcements, but for now just read the issue and have some nice, fun discussion before we get onto more important matters, except for one thing I can't overlook until later...

which is how much I want to sincerely apologize on behalf of the entire staff to both Nabber and Xpike for the respective inconveniences with their sections. I'm afraid we absent-mindedly overlooked Nabber's application this month, but we will not only certainly be considering his application for the following issue but we will rework the Review Corner so his section doesn't have to share the same page space as New Super Mario. With Xpike, we failed to keep a back-up of his section on-hand and wound up losing the section as a result, but we will upload it as soon as we re-receive it from him

Again, really sorry for these inconveniences. We will make sure this doesn't happen again. If any of you have not received a response to your application, notify any of the staff members immediately!

Congratulations on tying MCD for most SotM wins!

First of all, I'd like to give a big congratulations to Paper Yoshi for becoming the new Pipe Plaza director. and my new boss, ulp You certainly deserve it, imo.

As for the actual section, I thought it was much better than it was last month due to the guest section (which I enjoyed), the existent interview section (which I enjoyed much more than of late), and the increased writer turnout in Fake News.

You can still roll around the stage as a head in Morph Ball-styled gameplay complete with dodgy boosting functionality – further lending credence to my belief that Bryce's head is filled with firecrackers which would explain why it always rockets into the sky with the slightest provocation – which I'm guessing was a ploy to win our hearts over by reminding us of Metroid Prime, an actually good game, perhaps to avoid acknowledging that the controls for their own masterpiece are more broken than a house made of nougat.

I'm not sure if I'll ever be able to see a Morph Ball-based section of a Metroid game in the same way....

It hasn't been released yet. At least, the calendar says it hasn't been released yet.

Cap'n Falcon said:
It hasn't been released yet. At least, the calendar says it hasn't been released yet.
I think you have to be logged in to see it right now; it'll be released on the main page soon.

The main page has been updated. Besides, you don't have to be logged in to view non-restricted special pages, which the Recent Changes are included in, and so technically, anyone on the internet can view the individual sections before that page is updated.

If you're talking about this, then SMB is working on that right now.

Magus said:
I'm not sure if I'll ever be able to see a Morph Ball-based section of a Metroid game in the same way....
I do not hold responsibility over any genuinely good games being ruined by my descriptions of similar but far inferior games.

I really need to go to bed now, so I'm making some announcements now.

Staff changes. MG1 is now Activities Director, Paper Yoshi is now Pipe Plaza Director, Ralphfan has left his position as Statistics Manager and been replaced with Tucayo, Social Networking Manager roles have been blended into Affiliates Manager, a position I will still continue to hold.

You can now vote for the Section of the Month, so don't forget to vote! Your input counts. Please avoid submitting usernames; I understand if the user in question only writes a single section, but it can be a bit confusing with those who write multiple sections. So basically, we'd prefer it if you wrote the section names.

Please note that the vacant sections displayed on the Sign Up page are not the only ones you can apply for. If there's an idea not listed there you want to start, or you want to do a second version of a filled position (such as Xpike's second Non-Marioverse Review section), or if you just have some good ideas for sections that you want us to consider, please inform us! We are constantly seeking more ways to attract more writers and readers.

Remember to send in any of your own questions or fanart to MST3K and Fawfulfury, respectively. While on that, Music and Artwork is in dire need of more writers; this issue it only had four sections, one of which was just the Director's Notes! If you are interested in filling in any of the current Music & Artwork vacancies or have an idea for a currently non-existent section that you'd love to write, then please contact Fawfulfury ASAP.

Also we're currently working on a convenient system for email submissions (since we're trying to avoid restricting everything to the forums now) and guest section submissions, so you'll have that to look forward to before long.

Once again, apologies to Nabber and Xpike for the inconveniences surrounding their work. We will do our best to correct this and ensure it never happens again. Special thanks to Shyguy27 for writing a spectacular guest section for us and just all-around being a good sport.

Thank you all for reading! I'll let you go back to having fun discussing the issue.

Yeah, and then it lets you enter your vote typed out.

Definitely an improvement from last month especially because I did stuff for the Fake News

New Super Mario said:
Dippy the link for the section of the month just goes to google docs sign up or something.
Shit, you're right. I linked to the actual results page (I was logged in at the time, ffffffffff), not the voting page. It's been fixed, but I'll link again for good measure; yup.

Sorry about not getting my comic in on time, I will get it done asap.

Back