John Carter

Smashgoom202

Dry Bowser
Retired Wiki Staff
John_carter_poster.jpg

Distributed by Walt Disney Pictures and directed/screenwritten by Andrew Stanton, director/writer of Pixar movies Finding Nemo and WALL-E, loosely based on the stories of John Carter, main character of the Barsoon series of book written by Edgar Rice Burroughs.

Just came back from seeing John Carter with my dad.
He said it wasn't particularly "deep", but it was a good action movie with good effects and such. I guess that's what I thought, too. It may seem cliche at the time, but then again, people seem to eat up all kinds of movies that are just "okay", so I highly recommend it to people who'd like a good 3D experience... Just be prepared to take down a lot of science fiction mumbo jumbo and alien names.

That said, I feel like tracking down the books just so I can read more about it and become a full-on nerd about them.

I watched the commercial and for some reason it said that this was Conan the Barbarian.

The irony is that John Carter actuall predats Conan by at least 15-20 years.

So while the movie isn't doing so well in the US and Canada, it's doing well internationally.

http://boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=main&id=johncarterofmars.htm

Of course, it STILL hasn't covered the budget and costs making this movie yet... I hope it does in time, though.

I think Michael Bay, director of Teenage Alien Ninja Turtles, should direct the John Carter sequels.

Back