MAD

Magikrazy

Donkey Kong
Talk about the show, talk about the magazine, or come up with parodies they should do (a good one I saw on Tv Tropes is Horton Hears a Doctor Who).

I've said before that regarding the animated series. The shorts are either hit, miss or meh. Some are good, but most are just either terrible or they're just not good but they're not bad either.

I gotta say if there was one short that made me laugh quite a bit. It'd be what they did with the Super Mario Bros. 1 Goomba parody.

"HE WAS MY KID BROTHER'S KID BROTHER!"

Northern Verve said:
I've said before that regarding the animated series. The shorts are either hit, miss or meh. Some are good, but most are just either terrible or they're just not good but they're not bad either.

I gotta say if there was one short that made me laugh quite a bit. It'd be what they did with the Super Mario Bros. 1 Goomba parody.

"HE WAS MY KID BROTHER'S KID BROTHER!"

One I didn't like was Pokemon Park.

People say both the comic, the TV show, and the new Cartoon Network show is stupid, but I think that's always been the appeal, and sometimes I get a laugh out of it.

Isn't this the show that Stupid and Random Parodies By NSM is based on? Does he know that it's based on a magazine?

I just saw the MAD episode with Donkey Strong, after watching DC Nation today. The Pokemon Park thing was pretty funny, too.

I hated "Big League Pika-Chew". It was off-color, even for MAD. I mean, why not My Little Pony glue?

New Super Mario said:
I like the Gaming's Next Top Princess one. Well, I like a lot of them

Am I the only one who thinks they use Transformers way to much?
Naw, I think they do too much Justice League. My favorite one was "So you Think Your Dragon Can Dance". So asinine, so awesome!

DragonFreak said:
New Super Mario said:
I like the Gaming's Next Top Princess one. Well, I like a lot of them

Naw, I think they do too much Justice League. My favorite one was "So you Think Your Dragon Can Dance". So asinine, so awesome!
That too.

"Can I have your autograph for my sister? Her name's Thor" - or whatever it was. That was a good one too. And the "Grey's in Anime"

New Super Mario said:

All ties with NSM = Severed

I personally think the magazine was better. I hate how they don't do political parodies on the show like they do in the magazine. Political correctness is cramping what MAD can really do.

The writers of the show are in a competition with the Regular Show writers to see who can get away with more adult humor. Who do youse guys think is winning?

That's another thing! Everyone thinks they have to work in more. and more. and more. crap into the shows. Don't mean to sound like a grumpy grandma, but seriously! Cartoons can be funny yet clean and the same time.

I'm talking about any humor adults would get, but kids wouldn't in general! I'm not just mentioning the naughty bits.

Picture Animaniacs without any Parental Bonuses. That basically turns the show into a shell.

Maybe "get away with" was a poor choice of words on my part.

Oh, I know what you're talking about. :P

But still, I guess you're right. If you've ever seen the Cat in the Hat movie with Mike Myers...you can't even count the double endentres on fingers.

It's funny how "adult humor" is now almost exclusively associated with really dirty, raunchy humor, instead of just, you know, humor that only adults would get.

Kind of like how some people view things superficially as "adult" just because they have blood and sex in it, instead of just concepts and sensibilities that adults are able to understand more then kids.

Back