Your Triforce of Awesome

Okay, by Triforce of Awesome, I mean your top 3 games. Just a name for it that I thought was nice. So, what are yours? Since this is just games in general, I put it in Videogames.

Also, if you want to, explain why you like them so much.

I only have 2 so far, but I do have a 3rd filler one.

Mine?

#1: Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
-This and number 2 both have something I common. I've played both more than 3 times and enjoyed it every single time. This game is just great, it has it's flaws but it's greatness outweighs them drastically.

#2: PokePark Wii: Pikachu's Great Adventure.
-This might be an odd choice but I really do enjoy this tons. I like going through these stunning areas and talking to these personality filled Pokemon go about their lives in the park. Also the battles are crazy fun to play.

#3: Super Smash Bros. Brawl
-This is my 'filler'. I wanted my third game to be a super amazing game I've played like the others but I don't have another like that again. This would have to be the game I've had the most fun and enjoyment out of compared to the rest excluding the above 2.

Also, if you want to, you can add a fourth, as the stand that holds up the triforce. Mine would probably be Skyward Sword for No. 4

Your turn.

1. Spyro Ripto's Rage: Classic Spyro. Love the gameplay and everything about it. Thumbs up best game of all time

2. New Super Mario Bros. Wii. I don't know why I like this so much, maybe just cause of the Co-Op

3. Tough choice. Maybe Luigi's Mansion, Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones, OoT, SSBB, or Super Sluggers. I have too many favorites.

1. Metroid Prime - Beautiful, expansive, immersive game world with amazing music and great gameplay, plot told at exactly the pace you want it; all revealed in due time, or none at all, highly memorable boss encounters. Add the overall attention to detail and it is one of the best I've seen.

2. Chrono Trigger - Beautiful JRPG with just the right amount of content, great character development, an inventive and amazing battle system, superb music, etc.

3. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask - Refined gameplay, intricately detailed cast of characters that I actually cared about saving, challenging temple design, innovative mask use, overall attention to detail, and highly memorable soundtrack.

Separating those three was very hard.

Honorable mention: Super Metroid, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

in no particular order
  • Portal, because it has slick, polished gameplay and a well-paced story with some of the funniest humour I've ever heard in a video game, that shows how far such a simple concept can carry a game if presented correctly.
  • Shadow of the Colossus, because it's an amazing defiance of genre conventions that best represents how to make a fun, tense, exciting game that's still simplistically beautiful and atmospheric.
  • Deus Ex, because it's the ultimate non-linear experience, with a tremendous degree of depth in its gameplay and dialogue trees, and an upgrade system that allows you to take any approach to proceed through the game, giving you the feeling that you're completely in control. That and the story, characters and all the carefully structured philosophy and psychology were just plain brilliant. Too bad the graphics are ugly as sin.

*Nascar Thunder 2003. I know it's a periodical sports game, but it's one of the first games I've ever played. And it's still beast, even a full 10 years later, with slick controls and an involving career mode.
*Professor Layton and the Unwound Future. I just don't know where to start with this one. The graphics are awesome, the music is whimsical, the story is almost novel-like, and the gameplay...*faints*
*Wario's Woods (NES). I mean, come on. A game where Toad's the hero. But that's not the only reason I like it, far from it. The graphics are great for an NES game, the music is catchy as hell, and the gameplay never gets boring.

Back