Green Lantern: The Animated Series

Smashgoom202

Dry Bowser
Retired Wiki Staff
I usually wake up by 10:00 AM to watch the newest episode of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, but they moved to a different timeslot...

This turned out to be a good thing, because now I had free time to check out DC Nation over on Cartoon Network, and hopefully see Lauren Faust's newest project, Super Best Friends Forever!

I... don't recall seeing it. I only saw two other shorts, one had claymation Schnitzel-versions of Batman, Superman, Catwoman, a Krusty the Clown version of Joker, and a really tall, lanky Robin, all of whom sound like British children, and the other one was this actually very funny short about Plastic Man.

But the one thing I WAS interested in seeing, other than the SBFF short, was the premiere of Green Lantern: The Animated Series. I heard this show is being headed by Timm Bruce, the guy behind Batman: The Animated Series. I can't really tell how good this series will be from just one episode, but I plan on watching it more and getting into it. Green Lantern always did fascinate me as a superhero, and this might be a good way for me to get into "his" series.

Edit:

So I saw the new episode today... Apparently the first three episodes were part of a movie-length sneak-peek, so what I'm seeing might have already been seen/known about for some, but here's what I thought.

I AM getting invested in this show, and I do like it, it has some great characters, and so far, even though the animation isn't really anything to write home about, I think it looks fair enough.

When I watched it, at first I was annoyed that Hal Jordan went to all that trouble just to destroy this one probe, all because he wanted to get back at it... for some reason... He said "it felt good", but in the end, it ruined their chance of returning to Oa and ultimately resulted in the destruction of the home planet of that Rev guy... And Rev himself!

But then I realized, that's the whole point! That's the message to get out of this episode. The leader of the Red Lanterns is obsessed with getting his revenge on teh Guardians, even if it means destroying planet after planet, killing millions of innocents along the way. Revenge gives you nothing but personal satisfaction, and even THAT'S short-lived.

Believe it or not, I like that kind of message, and I didn't have to watch My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic to get it! :P

Other than that, the shorts from this week's DC nation were alright. Seeing the Teen Titans again was the highlight of this Saturday morning! That Superman of Tokyo thing was... weird.

Back